Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i took my kid to a bar..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

There's a restaurant down the street from my house, and a guy I know and his band was playing. It's family-friendly, although it does turn bar-ish at night, although they don't i.d. to get in and they allow kids to come. I went,  then DH text me and said he wanted to come but as he was leaving the house his sister called and said she couldn't watch our 5 yo. I was uneasy about letting him bring her, but there were two other kids who looked to be about 10 and 11, then a boy who looked to be a year or so older than my DD, plus a couple of babies. I got a few nasty looks from the hoochies at the bar, but most everyone loved her, and she even got on the dance floor and danced with some of the ladies. I don't think I'll ever do it again, even though I've seen others bring kids the few times I've been to the place. DD really loved it, she loved the music (I was afraid it'd be too loud for her but it wasn't), she ate the hell out of some onion rings, and loved the attention she got form the manager and waitresses. 

Oh, and DH and I didn't drink. We were just there for wings and my friend.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My grandmother owned a bar as we were growing up. We have Christmas and New Year's videos of us all in the bar.  We also have pics of us on the actual bar and on the pool table as babies and small children.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
That's awesome. At least you guys had fun! If its family friendly why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BDolphins82
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

okay, congrats?  Glad you had fun but you are going to be judged by others.  Good luck

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
As long it was a family friendly place, I don't see the big deal. If it was some seedy bar with smoke rolling out the door and blood stains on the floor, yeah that'd be bad lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meangreen18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

my dad used to take me out with him all the time, lady bait maybe? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Yeah it would...we have a few around here and I don't even go to them. I'm really old fashioned and when DH said he was bringing her I about had a heart attack but my friend had her baby there and said she's brought her 4 year old before.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

As long it was a family friendly place, I don't see the big deal. If it was some seedy bar with smoke rolling out the door and blood stains on the floor, yeah that'd be bad lol!

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Not a big deal, I don't think.  There's a difference between taking your kid to a bar once, twice, three times, and taking them all the time.  When my son was younger, he was a hockey freak.  We live in a small town and have a local bar and everyone would go there for hockey games.  Because of the excitement of watching it with a bunch of other fans, we took him a few times with us to watch the games.  He had a riot and everyone loved him.  We took him once too when friends of ours were playing over there (a band).  He had a great time that night too.  But, like you, I would have never taken him and sat there and drank all night.

gravercem
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM

We have had our kids with us many times. We own a DJ/KJ business and at times the event is ok to have our kids there for a while. I always leave with the younger ones when the night crowd starts to come in.  Our older two help their dad DJ so have stayed a few times again depends on the bar.  I grew up going into the local "waterhole" for pops.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN