Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes you so special you get to judge people???

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 75 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you judgey?

Options:

Hell yes.

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

I have two sons of my own. I recently started babysitting two little girls. We are Caucasian. They are not. I took them all to the park today, and my goodness, did people stare. True, it is a basically Caucasian park, but still. DANG. One (obese) woman came up to me, and asked me if they were mine. You know what I said? I said, "Yes. Why?" She then said "I think it's sad that you cant be married to the same man." I was pissed. TRULY pissed. People adopt other races ALL THE TIME. What is the big FREAKING DEAL? I just said "You need to mind your fuc@@@g bussiness!" And she left. People left me alone after that. I'm still irked. Be honest do you judge a white woman with non-white kids?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I don't judge them because I honestly don't care but I do notice them because they stand out.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Why did you feel the need to point out that she's obese? Sounds like you are judging her. 

ladysamanda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I wasn't judging. It was a fact. Anyone shorter than me 5'3 and weighing around 300-325 pounds is considered obese. Look it up on the BMI.

Quoting wkukid:

Why did you feel the need to point out that she's obese? Sounds like you are judging her. 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

No. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

That is still judging. Don't talk about her when you are doing it to, there was no reason at all for that detail.

Quoting ladysamanda:

I wasn't judging. It was a fact. Anyone shorter than me 5'3 and weighing around 300-325 pounds is considered obese. Look it up on the BMI.

Quoting wkukid:

1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM

omg that is so rude!

i judge people, sure.. but only the ones who are doing things that are clearly wrong.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel like people judge other people to make themselves feel better about their own lives.

No, I don't usually judge people on sight alone.

meangreen18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

that poll looks a little off

Ecoseem
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't judge differnt races of children in the same family, no.  I know several people who have adopted so it really just doesn't bother me.  I am white as snow with red hair and my ds best friend is totally hispanic, and when we are out together boy we get funny looks.  Oh well.

I really pay no attention to strangers...why would I?  I have my own lovely child to observe.  I do have trouble with people I know though....especially the drama addicted ones with 6 kids from 6 different men complaining about man problems...really?  Really?? Date better men.

Sorry, rant over lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Everyone is. Its human nature. Take a psychology class. However it's also human (that beyond animalistic side) to abide by social norms, which staring is not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)