Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So apparently I'm an alcholic....

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

my husband told his mom that im an alcholic just because one night i got drunk and fell asleep on the couch. and since that night i havent had a single drink. and that was over a month ago. so tell me, how can i be an alcholic if i havent drank in over a month

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

How often you drink isn't what makes you an alcoholic. What reason would your dh have to say this to your MIL or to anyone for that matter. Are you not getting along?

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM

as of right now no. i drink on occasion. maybe one or two drinks a week if that and when he's off and can watch the kids sometimes i'll have a few more. but i dont drink that often

Quoting Kitschy:

How often you drink isn't what makes you an alcoholic. What reason would your dh have to say this to your MIL or to anyone for that matter. Are you not getting along?

Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM

How often you drink isn't always a clear indication of someone with a problem.

I was just wondering if this was something your husband said to be catty or if it was a real concern of his that maybe you needed to talk to him about.

Quoting momoftwoboys12:

as of right now no. i drink on occasion. maybe one or two drinks a week if that and when he's off and can watch the kids sometimes i'll have a few more. but i dont drink that often

Quoting Kitschy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Hmmmm
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

you can't control yourself & can't spell

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

actually i can control myself and ya i suck at spelling. not my main concern

Quoting Amybelle:

you can't control yourself & can't spell

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

tell him your only an alcoholic if you have gone meetings. I should know. I have.

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM

thats probably it. but i have no problem not drinking.

Quoting Kitschy:

How often you drink isn't always a clear indication of someone with a problem.

I was just wondering if this was something your husband said to be catty or if it was a real concern of his that maybe you needed to talk to him about.

Quoting momoftwoboys12:

Quoting Kitschy:

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM

ha i should.

Quoting Mashnut3161:

tell him your only an alcoholic if you have gone meetings. I should know. I have.

ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

the internet is loaded with self quizzes and tests you can take to see if drinking is really a problem for you. Just google it. then take a few and print them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)