Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

formula is poison!!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 44 Replies
6 moms liked this

no this isnt a bash the cheap formula post its a looky at what i found post. this formula is made with goats milk and is a great alternative to the moms of today that are both frugal AND into knowing what goes into their baby. it includes goats milk, organic coconut oil (virgin works too), organic olive oil (virgin or extra virginis good), organic raw turbinado sugar, unsulphered black strap molasses, probiotics (it says infant strain but the regular stuff can be used too and over 6 month olds can just have a thing of yogurt daily instead), and a good source of vitamin powder or drops.

I found the vitamin drops on vitacost and black strap molasses on there as well, they both will cost just under 30 bucks shipping and all for a 4 month supply of both. the turbinado sugar is cheap at publix or walmart and they both carry the organic variety in a big container that can last up to 2 months or more depending on the age. i have gotten this for less than 5 bucks in a pour container in the past from walmart. the olive oil can be gotten for 6 bucks at a good ethnic food store and the coconut oil is at publix for around 8 bucks for a nice sized container of it. both containers of these oild can last 2-4 months or more depending on the age and size of the containers. and instead of powdered milk organic goat milk can be gotten in a can for around 4 bucks. you can make around a gallon of milk with two cans of this milk because its evaporated.

so the things to add in can be gotten for about 50 bucks or less and last up to 4 months or more depending on age and size of the items bought. drinks 1/2 a gallon of the formula daily (my daughter will drink this much because she does table foods due to being nearly 8 months) thats on average 7 cans a week 28 cans a month thats about 112 a month in the goats milk.

this is on average 124 bucks a month to feed the child. now if one were to get the formula in the can it could cost up to 75 dollars a week in formula for specialty and 60 for non specialty thats 300 on average for specialty formulas and 240 onaverage for non specialty. i have seen some people squeak by on 45 a week for the cheaper formulas (in this area) thats still 180.

So if you make your own formula you can get a better price AND get rid of th ejunk they put in the formula!! If you have made it this far without skipping lines thank you for staying with me.

heres the link: http://www.mtcapra.com/discover-how-this-homemade-goat-milk-infant-formula-changed-my-daughters-life/

im just using it as a guide and getting my own stuff cheaper than the products they try to promote.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
banana-bear
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Very cool! I prefer breastfeeding, but this is a WAY better option compared to conventional formula.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Ugh , we spend almost $900 a month on Charlie's formula , calorie supplement , and baby food. I made a post earlier , it cost us $30 a day to feed this kid lol.

But my mom did a goats milk formula for my sister when she was a baby. Worked great !
helema24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

i have to wean because i need to be on meds that might harm her so i went looking and since shes not as advanced as he rbrother (he had to start solids much earlier due to non weight gain issues) i had to find a more comprehensive formula to make for her. Goats milk formula also tastes better than the canned stuff!!

Quoting banana-bear:

Very cool! I prefer breastfeeding, but this is a WAY better option compared to conventional formula.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Goats milk is a lot closer to human milk as well. Awesome Mama!

Quoting helema24:

i have to wean because i need to be on meds that might harm her so i went looking and since shes not as advanced as he rbrother (he had to start solids much earlier due to non weight gain issues) i had to find a more comprehensive formula to make for her. Goats milk formula also tastes better than the canned stuff!!

Quoting banana-bear:

helema24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM

my son would get two cans of the milk per one can water and then i finally got to where he was gaining so we backed off to 1.5 cans of water per can with codliver oil and he thrived on it. went from too thin to too chubby on his charts. he leveled out and is a solid 3 year old boy. have you looked into making the baby food for him? there are also ways to boost calories without breaking the bank. i mixed soft cooked lamb with chick peas and a bit of goats milk ot make a nice meal for my 3 year old when he was in need of the protein and calories and he loved it!!

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Ugh , we spend almost $900 a month on Charlie's formula , calorie supplement , and baby food. I made a post earlier , it cost us $30 a day to feed this kid lol.

But my mom did a goats milk formula for my sister when she was a baby. Worked great !

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Great info thank you!!! :)
helema24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i know and its been proven to work for thousands of years.......where as todays conveinence formulas do more harm than good!!

Quoting ColleenF30:

Goats milk is a lot closer to human milk as well. Awesome Mama!

Quoting helema24:

Quoting banana-bear:

secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
We use the raw milk formula, but it costs about the same as regular store bought. It's so much healthier. I'm so glad others make theirs too.
helema24
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

BUMP!

helema24
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN