Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't believe my DH did this!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

SO I have to work this morning at 10AM. DH left at 8:30 AM to get a money order for our rent at the post office. The post office is 10 min from our house. At 9:10 he still wasn't home and it's a 35 min drive to my job so I called him. He says he is on his way to get me and hangs up. I waited at the end of our driveway for him and when he pulls up a woman jumps out of the passenger seat and gets in the back. I look at DH very confused and very pissed off. He laughs and says, "It's not what you think. She was outside the post office trying to get money out and the ATM locked her out of the account. So she has to go to the office to have them unlock her account. It's cold out and I didn't want her to walk the 20 min so I offered her a ride. I forgot you had to work though, got half way there and remembered so I turned around." I was still pissed. He could have mentioned it on the phone so I wasn't taken by surprise. I mean he is ALWAYS doing nice things for others so it's not uncommon, and I KNOW he wouldn't cheat, but I am still little pissed off. He got some woman in the car and almost forgets about me. And to top it off, because of all of this I was 3 minutes late to work. My boss just gave me a warning, but STILL!  Would you be mad? Or am I over-reacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babybuddafly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be mad. More for not being told ahead of time. Second for being forgotten over trying to help a rand stranger (although kind) and third cause I would def get jealous but that's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I would be HIGHLY annoyed!  Not so much about giving the girl a ride, but about forgetting that you had to get to work!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
So, just wondering what his plan of action would be if this stranger had decided to cry rape or accuse him of sexual harassment? In this day and age it's honestly not safe for a man to give a woman a ride.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Quoting anotherandree:

I would be HIGHLY annoyed!  Not so much about giving the girl a ride, but about forgetting that you had to get to work!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I was jealous too. But I am the jealous type. I didn't talk to him the whole drive to my work and then slammed the car door in his face without saying goodbye or saying I love you. He texted me later (I can't get calls at work) saying sorry profusely.

Quoting babybuddafly:

I'd be mad. More for not being told ahead of time. Second for being forgotten over trying to help a rand stranger (although kind) and third cause I would def get jealous but that's just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
We don't give ride to strangers. It's so dangerous even though he's a man it's still a BAD idea, now she knows where you live because he picked you up with her in the car. Oh NO!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

IDK, I am sure he didn't think about it. He only sees the good in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, just wondering what his plan of action would be if this stranger had decided to cry rape or accuse him of sexual harassment? In this day and age it's honestly not safe for a man to give a woman a ride.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I'd be mad that he didn't say anything. And that he forgot about me to help some other woman, she walked her ass to the post office and 8 in the morning why can't she walk back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN