Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coconut oil *****EDIT*****

Posted by   + Show Post
I have seen so much about it lately. So tell me...

Where do you buy it?

What do you use it for?

* thank you all so much for your tips and links. I got a lot of useful information and I am planning on getting some the next time I go grocery shopping*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (311-315):
SueMNanaMama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

It cures little rashes on my kid's face.  It even reduces the occasional zit he gets!  I use it instead of face cream.  I haven't had those split fingertips I usually get in winter this year, either!  I haven't cooked with it, because I can't figure out what to make that won't pick up that coconut taste!  We don't do popcorn...  I get mine at Trader Joe's.

nikkikry
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Where I live, in the Summer it's a liquid, and in the Winter it's solid but when I rub it onto my face/lips it melts right away. I've never had to warm it up.

Quoting fireangel5:

When you use it on your skin and lips, do you use it in the solid form or do you warm it to an oil?

Quoting nikkikry:

Thanks for sharing! I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for my dry itchy scalp and at first it worked great but lately it hasn't been doing the trick.

I'm going to try this. I have a big container of coconut oil that I've been using as a moisturizer for my skin/lips.

Quoting MPH_2010:

I have bad dry scalp and dandruff once every other week I massage coconut oil into my scalp and leave it about an hour and then wash it out with cool water and baby shampoo because it has no chemicals in it. This instantly gets rid of my dandruff and stops my scalp from itching. It also gives the rest of my hair a nice healthy glow.

Quoting phantomphan:

Could you be a little more specific?

Quoting MPH_2010:

I buy it at the store and I use it in my hair!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

It's at my walmart... in the section with oils...  top shelf.

AnnabellesMom
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Please don't buy random Coconut Oil @ a regular store! You will be disappointed with the results :( A quality gold label CO is best like TropicalTraditions.com & they do great sales if u sign up for their e-mails! My baby is allergic to chlorine & the pampers that the hospital put on her blistered her hiney. CO cured it! Also cures pink eye, I use it in homemade body butter, hair care products, & lip gloss. As well as cook with it & use it in homemade cough syrups & facial moisturizer! The possibilities are endless! Yes, it IS a cure all :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What is the best coconut oil to get?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)