Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coconut oil *****EDIT*****

Posted by   + Show Post
I have seen so much about it lately. So tell me...

Where do you buy it?

What do you use it for?

* thank you all so much for your tips and links. I got a lot of useful information and I am planning on getting some the next time I go grocery shopping*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Trader Joes.  Moisturizer, hair conditioner, lip balm, and now I'm gonna make toothpaste =0)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I cook with it...put it in my hair...wash my face with it...add it to my tea...I love it.
ABeautifulQadar
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Its an oil from Morocco. You can't get it full strength in America as far as I know unless someone brings it back but a lot of beauty products have it and I'm sure there are some that have a stronger concentration if you Google. Its in everything now. You use it on your hair and skin and in Morocco they cook with it. I have a bottle of pure argan oil and my husband tried to get me to cook with it but no way its like liquid gold lol. Its helps your hair grow healthy and keeps skin healthy as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

It's supposed to be a great sunscreen.

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I want to try it!

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Look at bulk food stores. Good coconut oil is solid at room temp. You can use it as conditioner, for dry skin/eczema, even cooking. For cooking, it's super healthy, cholesterol free :)

ABeautifulQadar
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/028265_argan_oil_remedies.html
annulla
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I've use it for pretty much anything that can be cooked vegetable oil -- potatoes, zucchini, etc. It is great for cooking fish.

I haven't tried baking with it, and I don't use it raw  (for example, I've never used it in a salad dressing). I buy organic coconut oil at Trader Joe's.

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Oh, and it can help with burns and scrapes, too!

Ajsmommy912
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I used it to help prevent stretch marks when I was pregnant. It helped alot. I got mine from a friend but you can get it at GNC or at any grocery store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)