Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coconut oil *****EDIT*****

Posted by   + Show Post
I have seen so much about it lately. So tell me...

Where do you buy it?

What do you use it for?

* thank you all so much for your tips and links. I got a lot of useful information and I am planning on getting some the next time I go grocery shopping*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
annulla
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mmmonkey:

Use it to make popcorn with

I haven't used coconut oil for making popcorn, but that's a great idea. Thanks, I'm definitely going to try that!

Mamato5nunns
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM
It's a natural antibiotic. We use it for all of the things above and cradle cap and on toast. We get outs from Walmart.
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I bought mine at winn dixie. Cooking oil aisle. I use it mostly for DD's diaper wipe spray and her cradle cap
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I have seen it at Kroger. I usually just put a little bit in my food sometimes or just take a tablespoon of it on it's own. A couple of years ago I worked at a counseling clinic for children and the psychiatrist that came in to prescribe the meds often would talk to us case managers about our health. She was very much was a believer in natural remedies. I explained to her that I am overly tired all the time and she recommended it for energy and also for an appetite suppresant.

For a while I was taking it every day but cut down on it because it was getting me to a point that I couldn't sleep at all. I have a sleep disorder but I didn't know it back then. It works really well as an appetite suppresant.

I have seen that you can use it for all kinds of things like as a facial treatment...in your hair...stuff like that. But I never have.

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

It works great for my family. I put it on me, my 4 year old and 1 year old all summer before heading to the fountain park and we never burned... we're not super fair either though.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's supposed to be a great sunscreen.

queen_k0302
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I use nutiva. Spectrum is good also.
Both can be bought at walmat.
Extra virgin it best for your bady. It has a smooth coconut smell to me.
i use it for my childrens skin and hair. It has helped my babies hair grow nice. It's a good sunscreen without the greasy feeling. You can use it on your face and not have to worry about clogged pores.

Some prefer jojoba oil. It's not something i really like.
Extra virgin olive oil is good for hot oil treatments.
Raw Africa shea butter is another one i cannot live without. My ds has been using it for 2yrs because he has eczema. He hasn't had any flare ups since. It is good for dry hair. It is a really good hair moisturizer.

kali_mom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I buy if from Trader Joes or natural section of my grocery store. We cook with it and use it to moisturize after a bath/ shower. We also use it in our hair. I also use Jojoba on my face.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting Rach7224:

Bump for later! I wanna know too!

Yep....me too!

tennisgal
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I buy it from the grocery store, spectrum brand

it's the only oil i use...so i use it for everything that requires oil. 

blancavazquez
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)