Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I coupon! Do you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you coupon?

Options:

Yes

No

Want to start

Use to but not anymore

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Im bored lol.

But Im about to start couponing again. I havent done so in over 6 months. Its kinda hard and eats up time to hunt the deals down. But we need to save a lot of money this year, so Im going to go back into it. Im not a extreme couponer but I do usually have 50-100 coupons of any item I like, I dont always use them all but if I find them super cheap I will collect everything I can get my hand on the product.

If you have questions about couponings please ask, and if you coupon share some awesome scores you have gotten.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

today I got four packages of Pillsbury refrigerator cookies (24 cookies in each) for a whopping $4, they normally run about $3.50/pkg.  the store had a sale for 2 for $3, then I had coupons on top of that. 

and that's the only reason I bought them, it's not something that ever hits my grocery list.  they'll be broken down into 6 cookies to a ziploc baggie and tossed in the freezer for snacks.  16 days worth of snacks for $3?!?!? yippee!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

today I got four packages of Pillsbury refrigerator cookies (24 cookies in each) for a whopping $4, they normally run about $3.50/pkg.  the store had a sale for 2 for $3, then I had coupons on top of that. 

and that's the only reason I bought them, it's not something that ever hits my grocery list.  they'll be broken down into 6 cookies to a ziploc baggie and tossed in the freezer for snacks.  16 days worth of snacks for $3?!?!? yippee!

Thats what I love about couponing is the discount in snacks. I also just printed up that coupon just in case I see it on sale like you did.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

For groceries......no.

Now when I get my Macy's savings passes, or coupons for free S&H, or %'s off items from clothing/department stores I shop out......Yes.

Now I know it seems silly that I use one form and not the other. However, I very rarely see coupons for the foods I eat.  But I'm always being sent the other coupons from clothing stores/department stores that I shop at on a regular basis. And  I can always put those to use.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Oh just to let some know, this weekend inserts has the Little Debbie Snack .75/1, sweet I cant wait to try and stock up on these, they are great to put in lunch boxes.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Coupons are tough for me because we green clean and don't eat stuff in a box :-(. Rarely do I find coupons I need. I will usually use my coupons to donate for food boxes for moms on here or to shelters in my area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladysamanda
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

RELIGIOUSLY, lol! Today I bought TEN organic milks for $1.55 EACH. SOOOO HAPPPY!. I also got frozen fruits and veggies. The total price was $18.00 for 18 bags, and I spent $3.25. I LOVE Albertsons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

For groceries......no.

Now when I get my Macy's savings passes, or coupons for free S&H, or %'s off items from clothing/department stores I shop out......Yes.

Now I know it seems silly that I use one form and not the other. However, I very rarely see coupons for the foods I eat.  But I'm always being sent the other coupons from clothing stores/department stores that I shop at on a regular basis. And  I can always put those to use.

lol thats the next route Im going. I know a lot of people that find department store coupons easier to deal with then grocery store coupons.

TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I coupon. I save about 50% - 60% every trip between coupons and sales. Very rarely do I buy items not on sale.

My best deal recently was the free items I came home with during Krogers 10/10 sale. I brought home 2 cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna and 2 pouches of the Beachnut Fruities free. The next day I went back and found trial size Dramamine and Afrin on close out and with coupons they were free.

Non coupon related I purchased 100lbs of chicken for $100, that will last quite a few months.

Krogers buy 10 get $5 off instantly also saved us a great deal. We're bottled water drinkers. It usually runs us 3.47 for a 24 pk. Kroger has 3L bottles of Ice Mountain water on sale for .49 when you buy 10. Four of them = a 24 pack. So I'm getting 2 24pks for 1.96 and then 1/2 of one for .98. Definitely can't beat that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I coupon but not even close to extreme. I clip all the coupons for foods that I might buy, if I can get them cheap enough AND if the store brand is not cheaper. I shop at Kroger, and I like alot of their store brand stuff. I love to save my coupons for things until they are on sale, then I feel real excited to get a great deal. lol. I usually don't get a whole bunch of one item though. That kind of seems greedy to me lol. I got Stoffer's french bread pizza's for $1.50 today! :)

spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

For groceries......no.

lol thats the next route Im going. I know a lot of people that find department store coupons easier to deal with then grocery store coupons.

I seriously save a TON of money on clothes/bags/shoes..you name it.  I bought $294 worth of stuff from Avenue the other day. I paid a whole $102 for it all.  A couple of months ago, I had a coupon for an extra 50% off clearance price....damn did I make out like a bandit. Retail it was all over $500, but since it was all on clearance any way to begin with, by the time I added the coupon I paid a little over $100 bucks for all of it.  Today in the mail I got in  from Macy's two 20% off savings passes and two save $20 on $60 or more savings passes. I'll be using those bad boys pretty soon.

Now if only the grocery stores/manufacturers would start putting out coupons ( or more than they do now..  at Safeway last week I got $3 off $15 or more in fresh produce..so I do use those coupons when they have them available) like that for fresh produce, fresh meats, fresh dairy and the like. I'd be one damn happy camper.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured