Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Give antibiotics without a prescription?

I have an ear infection but its chronic so I hate going to the dr every time I get one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
No like the pharmacy.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

do you mean in their clinics?

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
No you need a script for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM
How do you get extra to keep on hand?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I keep antibiotics on hand it all started with teeth.. Then that problem was taken care of and I had some on hand when I came down with Horrid Strep. I started them as soon as I knew the lump in my throat wasn't going away and it was getting worse as the day wore on. I was miserable that evening so I started to take the antibiotics for 7 days and it went away before it turned into full strep.. UGH! But I only keep like Amoxicillin and so forth.  I don't keep like Z packs or anything.

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Oh almost forgot.. They have minute clinics in Walgreens are rite aid but it is around 70.00 to be seen plus medication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Have you tried natural ear drops?
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
No. I'm afraid of anything I'm not familiar with due to my past ear problems.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Have you tried natural ear drops?
Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

By law, it's illegal for any pharmacist to dispense medication that would normally be prescribed.

They can only advise you on OTC meds that can help you.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Give antibiotics without a prescription?

I have an ear infection but its chronic so I hate going to the dr every time I get one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

They don't prescribe antibiotics for ear infections anymore due to too many superbugs.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

My girlfriend was allergic and gave me a big bottle of Erythromycin she couldn't take them.  Hubby had a neck injury and for some reason they gave him 20 Amox. So that is a brand new bottle and Then when I would get Infection in my wisdoms they would give them to me. 

So that is how we get them. Plus unless you are getting like Z packs. They give you more then you need. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you get extra to keep on hand?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I keep antibiotics on hand it all started with teeth.. Then that problem was taken care of and I had some on hand when I came down with Horrid Strep. I started them as soon as I knew the lump in my throat wasn't going away and it was getting worse as the day wore on. I was miserable that evening so I started to take the antibiotics for 7 days and it went away before it turned into full strep.. UGH! But I only keep like Amoxicillin and so forth.  I don't keep like Z packs or anything.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Lynette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

No.  And since it's chronic you need to figure out the cause.  Eatting dairy triggers them for many.  Try going dairy free and see if that fixes the problem.  For myself my triggers are dairy, nuts, bananas, and chamomile.

Check out this book http://www.amazon.com/More-Amoxicillin-Preventing-Respiratory-Antibiotics/dp/1575663163/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359782048&sr=8-1&keywords=no+more+amoxicillin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)