Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Give antibiotics without a prescription?

I have an ear infection but its chronic so I hate going to the dr every time I get one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
twoblues
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I doubt it.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Maybe I'm mistaken but I was told by a doctor ear drops don't treat the ear infection but instead they numb the area so you can't feel the pain because ear infections cure themselves. Maybe there are different types.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

No. I'm afraid of anything I'm not familiar with due to my past ear problems.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Have you tried natural ear drops?

navybeauty88
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Nope.
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Yea. I've had 5 ear surgeries so I need antibiotics because if they don't help I have to go to the ENT. If it doesn't get better then there's a possibility the polyps are back so I need to feel the pain to help me know if I need to go to tge ENT.
Does that make sense?

Quoting Retrokitty:

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was told by a doctor ear drops don't treat the ear infection but instead they numb the area so you can't feel the pain because ear infections cure themselves. Maybe there are different types.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Quoting Retrokitty:

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I would not mess around with anything else. I have significant ear loss from ear infections that were not treated until I had blood on my pillow. I do not have pain with ear infections.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

No but I'm scared to use stuff... I've had 5 ear surgeries and it scares me to use anything I'm not familiar with.

Quoting CamMa:

Have you tried sweet oil? Walmart sells it in the vitamin isle. An ear infection doesn't always need antibiotics. They're really not good for your body.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I thought it may be something like that. Can you get a perscription over the phone? They do that sometimes.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Yea. I've had 5 ear surgeries so I need antibiotics because if they don't help I have to go to the ENT. If it doesn't get better then there's a possibility the polyps are back so I need to feel the pain to help me know if I need to go to tge ENT.

Does that make sense?

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Quoting Retrokitty:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I'm a pharmacy tech at Walgreens. No. All abx require a prescription.

Just curious. Why did you lump Walgreens and Wal-Mart together. You know that they are no way affiliated, right?
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I may be able to but tomorrow is Saturday.

Quoting Retrokitty:

I thought it may be something like that. Can you get a perscription over the phone? They do that sometimes.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Does that make sense?

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Quoting Retrokitty:

RLT2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)