Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Give antibiotics without a prescription?

I have an ear infection but its chronic so I hate going to the dr every time I get one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (41-50):
NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Uh no

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I just meant pharmacies in general. Yes, I know they're not affiliated at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a pharmacy tech at Walgreens. No. All abx require a prescription.

Just curious. Why did you lump Walgreens and Wal-Mart together. You know that they are no way affiliated, right?
-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Pee in a cup. Put a few drops in your ear. Put a cotton ball in your ear. Go to bed smelly. Wake up feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Olive oil is very soothing to the ear canal and they actually sell it bottled as Sweet Oil just for this purpose.

Quoting ladysamanda:

EEck. I'm sorry. My son has one too, lol. Sadly, NO, they can not. Walmart has some EARACHE DROPS, which are right by the eye drops. It is a LITTLE BITTY bottle for $13.50, but it does work. HYLAND'S makes it. I've also heard olive oil will work, but IDK how, lol.

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Yea I have hardly any pain because I've dealt with it my whole life, I can hardly hear out of my left ear.
My ear infections led to polyps, though.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I would not mess around with anything else. I have significant ear loss from ear infections that were not treated until I had blood on my pillow. I do not have pain with ear infections.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

No but I'm scared to use stuff... I've had 5 ear surgeries and it scares me to use anything I'm not familiar with.

Quoting CamMa:

Have you tried sweet oil? Walmart sells it in the vitamin isle. An ear infection doesn't always need antibiotics. They're really not good for your body.

JBiiirdD
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Use peroxide.
kblossom20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM

No. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kblossom20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Go to the E.R.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
That's unhealthy and unsafe. How do you keep antibiotics "on hand"? Are you not finishing your prescribed antibiotics? Do you stop taking them once you feel better? You need to take the full treatment even if your symptoms are gone. You are breeding resistant bacterial strains.

It's NEVER a smart idea to start taking random antibiotics because you think you have an infection. Good god, use some common sense.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I keep antibiotics on hand it all started with teeth.. Then that problem was taken care of and I had some on hand when I came down with Horrid Strep. I started them as soon as I knew the lump in my throat wasn't going away and it was getting worse as the day wore on. I was miserable that evening so I started to take the antibiotics for 7 days and it went away before it turned into full strep.. UGH! But I only keep like Amoxicillin and so forth.  I don't keep like Z packs or anything.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Use some garlic oil drops...garlic is a natural antibiotic...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN