Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spanked my kid in the mall today AND...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I spanked my kid in the mall today and an old man was sitting on a bench and saw and he thumbs upped me!  I passed by him, and he muttered, "Most mom's are too damn afraid to spank their out of control kids who need a good spanking, good job!"

~ I swatted my kid's behind because he started to throw a temper tantrum when we left a store, I told him Let's Go, and he sat down and cried... So, I picked him up and spanked him and he quit crying and we walked our merry way around the mall ~  

Momma don't play.

(He's a toddler, I didn't abuse him, I didn't beat him, I didn't punch him, or slap him, I didn't hurt him, I didn't leave a bruise or a mark.  I spanked his butt once and it got his attention to act like a normal human being and walk around the mall instead of throwing a temper tantrum.)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this
She spanked her son, not abuse him.

Quoting eviesmom453:

You know, your kid probably wouldn't be acting like that in the 1st place if you didn't hit him instead of talking to him like a normal human being. WTF is wrong with you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Lol Alrighty then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
17 moms liked this
Yeah cause u can totally reason with a toddler

Quoting eviesmom453:

You know, your kid probably wouldn't be acting like that in the 1st place if you didn't hit him instead of talking to him like a normal human being. WTF is wrong with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
5 moms liked this

Before we left the store, I said, "We are leaving.  Let's go."  Then I baby talked him so he wouldn't cry ( I COUNTED TO 3!!!), and then he threw his temper tantrum right at the door.

Normal human beings most definitely spank their kids.

Quoting eviesmom453:

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Where did i say she abused him? I just said she hit him, which she did.

Quoting DragonMother10:

She spanked her son, not abuse him.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL.

Whatever way you do it.

I got my ass swatted on more than one occasion and I was a well behaved child who grew into a well adjusted adult.

I have not spanked or swatted my child either. Gasp. I guess 'violence' doesn't beget violence in every case as some of the replies seem to imply (already lol).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
This exactly!

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Well good job for disciplining. I don't spank... but this momma don't play either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
6 moms liked this
Good for you! I wish more moms would actually discipline their kids.
rachelv817
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
6 moms liked this

That is awesome!  I always want to give kudos to people who actually control their children in public settings, but I don't want to offend or embarrass them so I just keep my mouth shut.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I am perfectly fine with a swat on the butt for a serious thing, like hitting or running into the street, but if you spank the kid for every single tantrum rather then disciplining him in a way thats constructive in the situation and teaching him how to properly behave, it will become ineffective and he just wont learn how to behave in public. Spanking a kid doesn't give them better impulse control. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)