Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I spanked my kid in the mall today AND...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I spanked my kid in the mall today and an old man was sitting on a bench and saw and he thumbs upped me!  I passed by him, and he muttered, "Most mom's are too damn afraid to spank their out of control kids who need a good spanking, good job!"

~ I swatted my kid's behind because he started to throw a temper tantrum when we left a store, I told him Let's Go, and he sat down and cried... So, I picked him up and spanked him and he quit crying and we walked our merry way around the mall ~  

Momma don't play.

(He's a toddler, I didn't abuse him, I didn't beat him, I didn't punch him, or slap him, I didn't hurt him, I didn't leave a bruise or a mark.  I spanked his butt once and it got his attention to act like a normal human being and walk around the mall instead of throwing a temper tantrum.)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
LeahJ
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this
I never understand the "to get his attention" thing. Does he not understand his name?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
4 moms liked this
Discipline teaches a child right from wrong. Spanking teaches a child to do the right thing for fear of being hit.

Quoting bustybee:

I have often been told by older people that "I have the right of it" rather than that "new way of parenting" and that is because I am not afraid to spank or discipline if necessary

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol. I love old people like that. People tell us things like that. Well, we don't have to spank our kids in public, but they'll say, "They are soo well behaved! How do you do it?" I usually say thank you, smile and make a smacking gesture with my hand. I'll say something like, "When needed."

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

No, I did not say anything about abnormal, you are going into a different subject,  please don't twist my words. 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I was with you until I saw this about "normal" human beings...

So IYO, those parents who try alternative methods of disciplining a child versus spanking them are abnormal?

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal human beings most definitely spank their kids.

mhaney03
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
15 moms liked this
Lolololol I dare you. Oh I wish a mother fucker would.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a poor excuse for parenting!!!!!  I would have smacked you if I saw you hit your child, and yes I am a mother!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I think he was testing me, because he behaved the rest of the night. 

Quoting marilyn623:

Ive only had to spank in public once. They havent been twerps since. I think they were testing me lol

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yes, you're not understanding that at all.

Quoting LeahJ:

I never understand the "to get his attention" thing. Does he not understand his name?

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I'm not twisting a thing.

I based my question on YOUR comment that I quoted.

Perhaps a reread and rewrite is in order then?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I did not say anything about abnormal, you are going into a different subject,  please don't twist my words. 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I was with you until I saw this about "normal" human beings...

So IYO, those parents who try alternative methods of disciplining a child versus spanking them are abnormal?

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal human beings most definitely spank their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
13 moms liked this

Women are so dramatic...I'm sure if a fly landed on their sweet little terror, they'd throw a fit about how that fly should be exterminated because it passed germs on to their child, and probably left little tiny fly feet bruises on their kid......HONESTLY! There is a reason everyone hates these damn disrespectful children running out having babies at 16, just to be on a tv show....spank your kids...it'll do them good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
As an adult, you used your size and weight as intimidation against your own offspring. Could you honestly not come up with a better way to discipline him?!

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a toddler, I didn't abuse him, I didn't beat him, I didn't punch him, or slap him, I didn't hurt him, I didn't leave a bruise or a mark.  I spanked his but once and it got his attention to act like a normal human being and walk around the mall instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Quoting eviesmom453:

You know, your kid probably wouldn't be acting like that in the 1st place if you didn't hit him instead of talking to him like a normal human being. WTF is wrong with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured