Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spanked my kid in the mall today AND...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I spanked my kid in the mall today and an old man was sitting on a bench and saw and he thumbs upped me!  I passed by him, and he muttered, "Most mom's are too damn afraid to spank their out of control kids who need a good spanking, good job!"

~ I swatted my kid's behind because he started to throw a temper tantrum when we left a store, I told him Let's Go, and he sat down and cried... So, I picked him up and spanked him and he quit crying and we walked our merry way around the mall ~  

Momma don't play.

(He's a toddler, I didn't abuse him, I didn't beat him, I didn't punch him, or slap him, I didn't hurt him, I didn't leave a bruise or a mark.  I spanked his butt once and it got his attention to act like a normal human being and walk around the mall instead of throwing a temper tantrum.)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
7 moms liked this

And you would go to jail, while I would still be in the mall.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What a poor excuse for parenting!!!!!  I would have smacked you if I saw you hit your child, and yes I am a mother!

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
8 moms liked this
Hey i don't blame you. That's why these kids now days don't have any manners and are out of line because they don't believe in spankings only "time outs" and when time out or talking or taking away doesn't work you gotta whoop that butt.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Next time try giving him a warning. "Hey buddy, we are leaving in a few minutes. Is there anything else you wanted to look at first?" It's called treating your child like he has a brain and is able to use it.

Why do you baby talk a toddler? SMH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Before we left the store, I said, "We are leaving.  Let's go."  Then I baby talked him so he wouldn't cry, and then he threw his temper tantrum right at the door.

Normal human beings most definitely spank their kids.

Quoting eviesmom453:

You know, your kid probably wouldn't be acting like that in the 1st place if you didn't hit him instead of talking to him like a normal human being. WTF is wrong with you?

audreesmama
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Discipline your children and raise them correctly. That will do them good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Women are so dramatic...I'm sure if a fly landed on their sweet little terror, they'd throw a fit about how that fly should be exterminated because it passed germs on to their child, and probably left little tiny fly feet bruises on their kid......HONESTLY! There is a reason everyone hates these damn disrespectful children running out having babies at 16, just to be on a tv show....spank your kids...it'll do them good.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Funny, my kid's don't "need" to be hit, and yet they have never once jumped on furniture or screamed and run around in a doctor's office. It's possible to have well behaved children without hitting them.

Quoting Meghan6391:

When my son needs it i do it. I have never heard any complaints in public and once at my ob apt my son started up and my husband spanked him and my dr said we were the first people who knew how to control our child, he is sick of the parents who only talk to the screaming child and can't control the kids jumping on furniture.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
5 moms liked this
How is smacking an adult any better? It's the same "example of violence."

And I seriously doubt you would actually walk up to a stranger and smack them.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a poor excuse for parenting!!!!!  I would have smacked you if I saw you hit your child, and yes I am a mother!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this

spanking is my ultimate form of discipline. ds1 (age 5) knows that certain actions will earn him a spanking. he also knows, however, that we do not hit or hurt people. he also does not fear being hit.

its a common misconception.

Quoting Anonymous:

Discipline teaches a child right from wrong. Spanking teaches a child to do the right thing for fear of being hit.

Quoting bustybee:

I have often been told by older people that "I have the right of it" rather than that "new way of parenting" and that is because I am not afraid to spank or discipline if necessary

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I wish cm had a dislike button.
OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you! I wish more moms would actually discipline their kids.

Exactly this!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Because every 20~48 month old stops crying because they hear their name!!! RIIIIGHT!? LOL  Sure.  No, Leah isn't understanding this.

Quoting Ultra_:

Yes, you're not understanding that at all.

Quoting LeahJ:

I never understand the "to get his attention" thing. Does he not understand his name?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)