Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am just being honest!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Honesty gets you no where I learned today. I was having a conversation with my ex dh. We communicate about the kids and such. I believe his life is his business, and so on.
Anyway cs has been behind due to a new payroll company, no big deal. So they sent an order for a lump sum. I thought I would at least let him know what was going on. He says what about your dude? Isn't he helping you out? I told him we are not together, and pretty much leave it at that. I don't need to explain anything about me to him. He then tells me if I would of known I would of jumped through fire for you! Ok! This has to do with your kids, I think to myself. Then he goes on saying he will leave his girlfriend Melanie, that he loves if I move across the country and will give me every dime he makes. I tell him we barely get along as friends and we won't get along being with each other. I want you to be happy with someone and that someone is not me! It's been 13 years since we divorced, I have changed. I just want to do what is right for the kids.
He then responds have a nice life.
Really? Why are men like this after so many years? I don't get it. What can I say to make him understand we just need to be parents to are children and nothing more! I have tried everything. Help!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
He probably won't understand, but at least you didn't lead him on. He will eventually have to learn to grow up and move on...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM
No never lead him on. I don't talk about much to him if it isn't about the kids. I listen to him and give vague responses when he tries to tell me his personal life. But it is just insane that he keeps having hope.

Quoting Anonymous:

He probably won't understand, but at least you didn't lead him on. He will eventually have to learn to grow up and move on...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Smfh then he is obviously still in love with you...and you told him that it won't work, he had his chance and its best that he moves on. You did all you could do. You were honest. Don't blame yourself for his lack of understanding...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM
It just bothers me in so many ways. First because it just proves that he only thinks of himself, and that if I am with someone he thinks his responsibilitys go out the door. They are his kids. I just keep thinking what he said about jumping through fire for me, until I told him what I think. Men are evil.

Quoting Anonymous:

Smfh then he is obviously still in love with you...and you told him that it won't work, he had his chance and its best that he moves on. You did all you could do. You were honest. Don't blame yourself for his lack of understanding...

copperked
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM

This is why I try not to contact my ex, but I'm sure it's easier for me than it is for you. My ss is 21 now so I can have a relationship with him without having anything to do with his dad.

marihla
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM
A simple case of greener grass...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM
My ex husband pulls the same shit with me.. The Next week he's out of town with his new flame..smh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN