Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They are NOT making it easier..

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

I made it facebook offical today that the kids and I will be moving back to where I came from 6 hours away.  My daughters friends moms (who I am friends with as well) keep posting about how its going to break their kids hearts to not have Gabby around. Its so emotional for me and I honestly am rethinking my decision. I know we need to move to better myself and to have more opportunities but the thought of my baby leaving her best friends that she has grown up with absolutely breaks my heart.  She has such nice friends. She is 9 and grew up with these kids, and I know theyll all be upset.. Im sitting here crying knowing the decision I have to make but its sooo heart wrenching... How do I handle this? DD was devastated at first but when I reminded her that her Dad is where we will be moving,as well as her cousins and shed make new friends and there are soooo many more things to do there she got excited, but I dont think its hit her yet. How do I deal with this? ? Ive cried almost everytime someone leaves a comment!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Hugs
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I'm sorry, mama. I don't know what to tell you but here's a bump.

tossed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Get a grip. How many friends do you have now that you had when you were 9? It is not like she is a senior in high school and you are taking graduation away. It sounds like this is a move you need to make. Don't let guilt keep you from doing what is best for your family. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Trust me when I say this, I'm a military brat, we moved around a lot and I had to make new friends every time. It helped me a lot with my shyness. She'll be alright as soon as she starts to make friends. Hopefully she'll never forget her old ones, but she'll make new ones soon enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Just keep assuring her that everything will be ok but at the same time she will still be sad, let her know that she can always call her friend or maybe even visit once a yr when the funds are available...
happy41ce
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM

do what is best for you and your family. i would do it now rather than having a bratty teen not wanting to move in high school

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You do what is best for you and your family.

RLT2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM

That's just their way of telling you how much they love you and will miss you. They don't mean to make it harder and don't realize that they are. Just try and remember that. :)

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Quoting RLT2:

That's just their way of telling you how much they love you and will miss you. They don't mean to make it harder and don't realize that they are. Just try and remember that. :)

I know they arent, but its heart breaking still.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN