Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my mom is lying to me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My mom has been a pot smoker basically her whole life. She was spending $50 a week on it. Back in October we moved to a new town because she got a promotion at work. She quit smoking. And I believe she really quit. I never smelled it or saw any pot in her room. Well tonight I was on the couch and I thought I smelled it. It was just briefly and it wasn't a strong scent. Then I went to the downstairs bathroom and I think I might have smelled it again. I'm not 100% sure. It could just have been my mind playing tricks on me. I sure hope she hasn't started again. I'd be real disappointed. It would explain why she's always broke even though she's gotten a pay raise...I just don't know. I don't think I should as her yet till I get more evidence.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdryF
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I am sorry that sucks. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
My ex told me he quit, then one day I smelled it (while pregnant), and he laughed at me and swore up and down I was going crazy. A few nights later I got up to go pee and stepped on his pants that he left laying on the floor.....and broke his pipe. I found the pipe and a Baggie in the pants pocket.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I'm pregnant. Maybe my super sonic sense of smell is picking it up lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex told me he quit, then one day I smelled it (while pregnant), and he laughed at me and swore up and down I was going crazy. A few nights later I got up to go pee and stepped on his pants that he left laying on the floor.....and broke his pipe. I found the pipe and a Baggie in the pants pocket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Probably! It's not a smell that you randomly make up in your mind, ya know?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pregnant. Maybe my super sonic sense of smell is picking it up lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Why are you all up in your moms business? Do you live together?

She's an adult and is free to make her own choices. And really, $50/month is going to leave her broke??

EDIT: oh, $50/week! Yeah, that's spendy. Maybe she needs to cut back. Or grow her own ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Obviously you're a smoker

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you all up in your moms business? Do you live together?

She's an adult and is free to make her own choices. And really, $50/month is going to leave her broke??

EDIT: oh, $50/week! Yeah, that's spendy. Maybe she needs to cut back. Or grow her own ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
It's really just her business. Maybe she's at a point in her job where she feels like she can start again. I don't really think its a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM

You could mind your own business!

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
It is her own damn business. Leave her alone. And no, i am not a smoker. I just dont believe you should stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Well I don't think she is considering how she's always borrowing money from me. I don't mind helping her but if she's needing money because she's spending it in drugs then I don't want to help.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really just her business. Maybe she's at a point in her job where she feels like she can start again. I don't really think its a big deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured