Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please someone explain this to me?!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

WITHOUT BEING RUDE!

What is it about mormonism that makes it a cult? 

I am a mormon and i hear it all the time and i want to hear reasons people belive it

once again dont be rude i wont be rude either

Thank you

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Not sure I have close friends who are Mormon and it doesn't seem cultish to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
...tv!
;) bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I think its due to the secretiveness about temple rituals and the very tight-knit insular family aspect of it.
rlk121909
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its due to the secretiveness about temple rituals and the very tight-knit insular family aspect of it.

the reason its "secretive" is because its sacred. 

were taught that family is the most important thing you have your family for eternity and you should be open and very close with them

ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Never heard that it was until cm. Sorry that people can be so judgmental and rude. You know the truth about your faith :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

cult n. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under.

rlk121909
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Quoting arpazia:

...tv!
;) bump

cuz of sister wives? lol

the mormon church has 2 churches that are "spin off" in a sense.  they follow one of the 2 churches that still practices polygamy. note in one episode they took a trip to a temple and werent allowed in because the main mormon church doesnt practice polygamy anymore

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Uhhhh.... Bump?

I dunno if I'd call it a cult but it is not for me. That doesn't mean I'd put mormons or the religion in general down. 

rlk121909
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 AM

i know the definintion but im trying to find reasons from people. if you think were extremist then how so? if you believe we are false what are we wrong about?

please note im not saying we know everything we dont

Quoting robyann:

cult n. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I'm not trying to argue, I am just pointing out that secretive rituals and insular family/church communities gives off a cultish vibe. Regardless of any perfectly valid explanations for them.

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Anonymous:

the reason its "secretive" is because its sacred. 

were taught that family is the most important thing you have your family for eternity and you should be open and very close with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)