Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do if SO popped you?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 92 Replies
Because he didnt agree with what you were saying or doing?
My ex was abusive...he used to do this to end the argument if I didnt do what he wanted.
WHAT would you do?
For a long time id just agree or try extra hard not to make him mad....then I left.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Yeah I'd just leave, no questions.

Having girls, I don't EVER want them exposed to that and think its appropriate for a healthy relationship.

ETA: Point is, what kind of mother would I be if I stayed in a relationship like that? "Do as I say, not as I do", y'know?

spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM

He would be single and homeless ASAP.

We've been together 21 years... and yes.. If he did it just once he would be out on his ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I'd pop him back! But I'm thinking you mean something more. :/ glad you are out of that!!!
Jynnifer292
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would leave, without a doubt. I would never feel safe around him again. You don't hit people that you love.

SadeAyosmom

i wouldnt accept him being physical with me in any way. i am not physical towards him.. if say i started a fight then.. i think a women who hits has to expect to be hit back.

but i am not an aggressive person. i have never been in a physical confrontation ever. i hope i never am

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I agree. I didnt want my son seeing thatvand thinking it was ok

Quoting robibuni:

Having girls, I don't EVER want them exposed to that and think its appropriate for a healthy relationship.

ETA: Point is, what kind of mother would I be if I stayed in a relationship like that? "Do as I say, not as I do", y'know?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
2 moms liked this

Dead or in jail.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

He'd be getting hit back!  I don't play that shit!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Probably bash his face in.  I know that sounds overboard but I have no tolerance for anything like that. 

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Exactly. I mean, someone has to break the cycle because kids growing up in this and seeing it, will just continue the cycle. If I didn't leave, they'd allow themselves to be hit, or be an abuser themselves, and then their children, etc. SOMEONE has to end it.

Quoting svolkov:

I agree. I didnt want my son seeing thatvand thinking it was ok

Quoting robibuni:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)