Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have Genital Herpes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM

similar experience , with a different out come, i left him and honestly have the closest feeling to hate toward him for what he did to me.. im glad you bf stayed with you during the out break i know how painful the first one is... sorry you had to experience it .

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too. Its actually not that bad honestly....Just the stigma is bad. I got it from a cheating boyfriend who refused to use condoms, and guilted me into have unprotected sex...he was a cheater, as soon as I found out, I dumped his ass.  But then later when I met my now husband, I broke out for the first time, and I felt like shit..like UTTER shit..but he stayed, and it honestly...probably saved our relationship...no lie. I probably wouldn't be with him if I never got it. Its not that I'm with him because I have it and feel guilty for possibly giving it to him (he still doesn't have it) but because he was able to look past it, and still love me without even blinking. When I saw that, I knew he was a damn good man. been strong ever since. And its really not that bad at all. I've only ever broken out once in the 3 years I've known I've had it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Seriously. Not every STD results from a woman being a slut.

I had genital warts and got them from my FIANCE (at the time) who cheated on me. They didn't actually appear until 8 months after we broke up (i found out he had cheated) and was mortified to have to go to planned parenthood and get them burned off. When I called my ex to tell him that he needed to get checked out, he said "oh.. is that what those are???" I was like, are you fucking kidding me????????????????????????????????

What an asshole.

The shitty part of it all? I had already met my now husband and we started sleeping together a month before my "symptoms" appeared. So... DH got them from ME!

Quoting jacandjay:

Really? Have you ever been cheated on?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are nasty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM

its funny (not literally) but i remember the time i had sex with him when i "think" i got infected, sex had actually hurt and i remember getting suddenly very dry down there, i had the out break i believe abou 2 or 3 weeks later. and no i did not have to tell my parents even though they found out becaus they took me to the ER for the excruitating pain i was feeling .

Quoting Anonymous:

How long did it take from the time you had sex with your infected partner until you had your first outbreak?

And with finding out at such a young age, did you have to tell your parents? If so, how did that go? I couldn't even imagine...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM

thats horrible ! so sorry to hear  i truly can relate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously. Not every STD results from a woman being a slut.

I had genital warts and got them from my FIANCE (at the time) who cheated on me. They didn't actually appear until 8 months after we broke up (i found out he had cheated) and was mortified to have to go to planned parenthood and get them burned off. When I called my ex to tell him that he needed to get checked out, he said "oh.. is that what those are???" I was like, are you fucking kidding me????????????????????????????????

What an asshole.

The shitty part of it all? I had already met my now husband and we started sleeping together a month before my "symptoms" appeared. So... DH got them from ME!

Quoting jacandjay:

Really? Have you ever been cheated on?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are nasty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM

My doctor said you can actually get herpes other ways than sex.

I caught it from my dh's cold sore! Yes, you can get them from those. They ran a test on my lesions and they came back type 1 (cold sore herpes).

Herpes sounds bad, and the first few breakouts can be extremely painful, but then it isn't so bad and you get fewer episodes over time. I think your body learns to fight it off. Also, anti-virals are great! They can clear mine up in just a few days time.

14 is awfully young for being sexually active! Oh my!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I have it too but man it seems like my outbreaks are getting more and more frequent. Ive had 4 this past year alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

an out break is when you have lesions/sores break out on your vagina or mouth.. they can be red, or red with white in the middle , and they are painful.. luckily i have only had 3 out breaks over my 11 years having the virus.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does an "outbreak" mean? what happens?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:26 AM

wow really? i wonder why that would be .. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have it too but man it seems like my outbreaks are getting more and more frequent. Ive had 4 this past year alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

an out break is when you have lesions/sores break out on your vagina or mouth.. they can be red, or red with white in the middle , and they are painful.. luckily i have only had 3 out breaks over my 11 years having the virus.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does an "outbreak" mean? what happens?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:28 AM

yes you can get herpes simplex virus 1 which is cold sores .. any person who has a cold sore actualy does not know it is a strain of herpes.. and if you think 14 is young ? lol you must be from the 40's because kids are having their period and sex at the age of ten now..

Quoting Anonymous:

My doctor said you can actually get herpes other ways than sex.

I caught it from my dh's cold sore! Yes, you can get them from those. They ran a test on my lesions and they came back type 1 (cold sore herpes).

Herpes sounds bad, and the first few breakouts can be extremely painful, but then it isn't so bad and you get fewer episodes over time. I think your body learns to fight it off. Also, anti-virals are great! They can clear mine up in just a few days time.

14 is awfully young for being sexually active! Oh my!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

yes i know :) i love him for the way he excepted my flaws, i was so afriad i wouldnt find "love" or someone who would want to continue a relationship with me because of it and then i found him... he is like a breath of fresh air.. and no it was not the reason i could not get pregnant, i had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2010 that damaged one of y tubes severely so we opted for ivf to avoid another ectopic in the remaining "healthy tube"

Quoting zomgkerrie:

I think that means he's in it for the long haul with you to take that risk. I think that's really sweet. Does the herpes have anything to do with affecting your ability to get pregnant? or was that a seperate issue?

Quoting Anonymous:

my dh and i do not use condomns, weve been together now for ten years, and he has not caught the virus fortunatley , we concieved through ivf, because i could not get pregnant naturally

Quoting zomgkerrie:

does your SO think he will continue to wear condoms, even if you get married? how will the 2 of you conceive? do the 2 of you wear condoms now? how is your sex life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM

what were your symptoms  ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured