Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have Genital Herpes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too. Its actually not that bad honestly....Just the stigma is bad. I got it from a cheating boyfriend who refused to use condoms, and guilted me into have unprotected sex...he was a cheater, as soon as I found out, I dumped his ass.  But then later when I met my now husband, I broke out for the first time, and I felt like shit..like UTTER shit..but he stayed, and it honestly...probably saved our relationship...no lie. I probably wouldn't be with him if I never got it. Its not that I'm with him because I have it and feel guilty for possibly giving it to him (he still doesn't have it) but because he was able to look past it, and still love me without even blinking. When I saw that, I knew he was a damn good man. been strong ever since. And its really not that bad at all. I've only ever broken out once in the 3 years I've known I've had it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM
what does an "outbreak" mean? what happens?
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

thats good. my friend never told her partners and got pissed at me one time when i told a mutual friend she was sleeping with that he needed to get checked

Quoting Anonymous:

if i were dating/ when i was dating i would always tell but only if we got to the point of getting sexual.

Quoting Meghan6391:

and i dont.. 

sorry its a commercial and it poped in my head.

do you tell your partners or keep it a secret.. i have a friend who doesnt tell the guys if she doesnt have an outbreak.. gross

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

my dh and i do not use condomns, weve been together now for ten years, and he has not caught the virus fortunatley , we concieved through ivf, because i could not get pregnant naturally

Quoting zomgkerrie:

does your SO think he will continue to wear condoms, even if you get married? how will the 2 of you conceive? do the 2 of you wear condoms now? how is your sex life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

yea to me thats fucked up not to tell another person youre getting intimate with that you have a std , especially if its one that cant be cured. If my ex respected me enough to tell me i wouldnt have it now.

Quoting Meghan6391:

thats good. my friend never told her partners and got pissed at me one time when i told a mutual friend she was sleeping with that he needed to get checked

Quoting Anonymous:

if i were dating/ when i was dating i would always tell but only if we got to the point of getting sexual.

Quoting Meghan6391:

and i dont.. 

do you tell your partners or keep it a secret.. i have a friend who doesnt tell the guys if she doesnt have an outbreak.. gross

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I think that means he's in it for the long haul with you to take that risk. I think that's really sweet. Does the herpes have anything to do with affecting your ability to get pregnant? or was that a seperate issue?

Quoting Anonymous:

my dh and i do not use condomns, weve been together now for ten years, and he has not caught the virus fortunatley , we concieved through ivf, because i could not get pregnant naturally

Quoting zomgkerrie:

does your SO think he will continue to wear condoms, even if you get married? how will the 2 of you conceive? do the 2 of you wear condoms now? how is your sex life?

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM

im sorry about that. were you able to deliver vaginally or did you have csections 

Quoting Anonymous:

yea to me thats fucked up not to tell another person youre getting intimate with that you have a std , especially if its one that cant be cured. If my ex respected me enough to tell me i wouldnt have it now.

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Meghan6391:

and i dont.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice of you to admit it, and accept it....something like 1/4 of the population has it, but hasn't been tested, or thinks they got rid of it because they haven't had an outbreak in a while....or they haven't had an outbreak yet and are just a carrier.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM

an out break is when you have lesions/sores break out on your vagina or mouth.. they can be red, or red with white in the middle , and they are painful.. luckily i have only had 3 out breaks over my 11 years having the virus.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does an "outbreak" mean? what happens?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM

that is true.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice of you to admit it, and accept it....something like 1/4 of the population has it, but hasn't been tested, or thinks they got rid of it because they haven't had an outbreak in a while....or they haven't had an outbreak yet and are just a carrier.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)