Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have Genital Herpes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (71-80):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I have no idea lol. Glad u have found something that works for u

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly i have never heard of zolvirex before. i only used the valtrex two times, on my first out break and when i was pregnant at the end they had me take it.. or aclyvoir (sp)

Quoting Fields456:

That's good. Glad u are able to manage it. I only threw out Zolvirex because that what I take plus the cream for my cold sores and I know it's for gentian heroes too

Quoting Anonymous:

valtrex

Quoting Fields456:

What do u take to keep it in check? Zolvirex ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
If you take valtrex every day you are less likely to get an outbreak..... i have it my ex was cheating on me and the worst part of all besides being angry and embarrassed was having to tell my now husband.... He said well its ok i still love you and well it wont kill us... lol and so now he has it too.. i hope my exs penis rots off...

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly i have never heard of zolvirex before. i only used the valtrex two times, on my first out break and when i was pregnant at the end they had me take it.. or aclyvoir (sp)

Quoting Fields456:

That's good. Glad u are able to manage it. I only threw out Zolvirex because that what I take plus the cream for my cold sores and I know it's for gentian heroes too

Quoting Anonymous:

valtrex

Quoting Fields456:

fallenstars
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Did you have a c section to avoid spreading them to your children? My cousin has them and the docs wanted to give her a c section because of her random outbreaks and she refused. Luck for her dd her labor wouldn't progress and they did an emergency section. She was in the beggining of an outbreak when she went into labor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Oh for Pete's sake. You do realize you can have herpes and never know right? I have Herpes and did not know I had it until I got pregnant with my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are nasty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I don't take any medication to keep me from having an outbreak and I have only had 1 outbreak in 7 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you take valtrex every day you are less likely to get an outbreak..... i have it my ex was cheating on me and the worst part of all besides being angry and embarrassed was having to tell my now husband.... He said well its ok i still love you and well it wont kill us... lol and so now he has it too.. i hope my exs penis rots off...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting Anonymous:

valtrex

Quoting Fields456:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh for Pete's sake. You do realize you can have herpes and never know right? I have Herpes and did not know I had it until I got pregnant with my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are nasty.

Me too...I never get cold sores and I don't know what a genital outbreak is like...I figured I'd know if I had something and until I got pregnant with my first baby, I didn't know. I was shocked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Me too. It sucks.
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM
No questions, but that sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM

To the poster who wondered why she may be having MORE outbreaks.  If you look closely at your diet, you may be ablet to find a link.  When I got them (15 years ago from a boyfriend who cheated, and I had not had many partners and was 23, I think) I did a TON of research on it.  I took Valtrex for 2 solid years, b/c I read tht this can help your body to build up a defense to it.  I also read about many foods that can cause an outbreak (like citrus, corn, chocolate, nuts, caffeine, alcohol, tomatoes etc....)

I have not really had a "true" outbreak in awhile, and now that I am older and don't drink as much socially, b/c I don't go out anymore....that seems to have helped.  Some things that can cause me to feel irriatation are when I eat chili for a few days in a row (due to the amount of fresh tomatoes I use) or if I eat a ton of chocolate, which I usually don't anyway.  I also stay away from more than ONE margarita, even on vacation, b/c I found lime juice to be the worst.  

Over the years, I haven't struggled nearly as much as I did the first year.  I had the continued nerve pain down into my feet after my first outbreak.  It was really devastating and I felt like a dirtbag.  I couldn't beleive that it had happened.  Now, like many have said, I'm fine with it.  I have a friend who has it, I think my sister and her DH carry it and my own DH gets hideous cold sores (he got those BEFORE me) and has NEVER given those to me and I have never given him the genital kind.  So it just goes to show that you can carry it anywhere and still not have symptoms or necessarily infect someone. 

If you are having a lot of symptoms, I would consider 500mg of Valtrex twice a day or 1,000mg once a day.  I took mine at bedtime b/c I noticed it did make me a bit tired and I was a little more depressed while on it....but then again, I was still devastated from the cheating and the diagnosis.  You can also add L-Lysine to your diet and try to find trigger foods and remove them.  I can drink a bunch of caffeine again now, which is great b/c I was always a coffee lover and had to give it up for awhile.  I think that once you build up your immune system and really figure out the triggers, you may find that you start to see an improvement.  Also, I found that taking certain health drinks....bothered me.  I was suprised, but then I read that they had citric acid in them....so even though they weren't citrus tasting, that ingredient really irriatated me. 

Hope some of that helps.  And for those of you who don't have this, you are lucky.  For those who think it's gross, you are right.  it is gross.  It is grossly unfair that someone who KNOWS they are infected would intentionally not tell their partner.  I told my DH within two months of dating before we were intimate and was terrified and embarassed.  He took it well and still wanted to be with me.  He has never gotten it.  For all you know, you might be a carrier, but it's best not to judge, b/c you never know when you might experience something like this first hand. 

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Damn, that sucks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)