Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After you had your second or third or more baby did you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

feel sad for the time you were losing with your other child(ren) like it would never be the same with them? 

I just had another baby and I am having these feelings.  Is this normal?  I am so happy but I am also so sad at the same time.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM
i had ds 2 weeks ago and i feel terrible about time i cant spend with dd because ds needs changed or fed
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
yes I do. With my oldest , all the time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Completely normal.  I was also terrified when I was pregnant that my daughter would hate my son.  After I had him I felt like the worst mom ever, I did not have as much time for my daughter.  Just remember the newborn phase does not last long and things will get back to normal soon.  Relax and have your other child help with the baby. 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I wondered if I would when pregnant, but after my DS was born, I was twice as blessed and had twice as much love to give. I made sure my DD was very involved when he was a baby, and helped out.

RLT2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I did before my second came. Then, I was too busy too think about it.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I felt that way even BEFORE DD2 was born.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I started getting really emotional and sad. DD1 and I had had nearly 3 years alone together and our little dynamic was ending, BUT, the closer I got to delivery day, the more excited I became, and the more excited DD1 became and now they love each other soooo much :)

It's normal. Just know that while the dynamic may change, your love will only grow, and you'll learn to cherish the new normal!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

i had ds 2 weeks ago and i feel terrible about time i cant spend with dd because ds needs changed or fed

How old is your DD? I'm sure she would love to help change the baby.like  Passing  you the wipes and diapers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
The very reason I'm done with just my one.
LeahJ
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I think its normal. When i got og with my second, i felt tremendous guilt for "doing that" to ds1. I felt like i was taking his parents away from him, etc. But the thing is, now when i see my three kids together, it is so amazing. While they have the rare squabble, they just adore each other. I'm glad they have that gift, and family for when dh and I are no longer around.
CheyanneW
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
No. Probably because my 3 are all spaced pretty far apart in age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)