Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hair, hair, everywhere.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I normally shave my legs everyday. I was wondering this; we shave our legs, underarms, and bikini areas. The hair grows back. The longer we go without shaving, the longer it gets. The hair on our head grows long and keeps growing. Why is that men do not hair on their legs/chest/arms/backs/butts that grows as long as the hair on our head grows if they never shave it or cut it?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLT2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Enough Pot for you Miss Thing! ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Because hair on certain places on your body is biologically programmed to grow to certain lengths. If you shave your legs it will grow back to its previous length.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. No pot. Just exhaustion from work, school, and kids. I think my brain has been overloaded and I have crazy brain tonight. I have no idea why that thought even popped into my head. Hahahaha

Quoting RLT2:

Enough Pot for you Miss Thing! ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM
That's good to know. So, if I ever decided to stop shaving my legs, which I seriously doubt I could ever do, I can't even make it day without doing it, the hair on my legs would grow to be about the same length as a mans?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because hair on certain places on your body is biologically programmed to grow to certain lengths. If you shave your legs it will grow back to its previous length.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM

it will only grow to a certain point.  Most women dont stop shaving long enough to see how long it will be before it stops.  I haven't shaved my legs since september.  My leg hair stopped growing at about 2cm.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Why do you shave everyday? I only have to shave my legs once a week sometimes I can even go 2 weeks with out feeling stubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Ummm your hair under your arms and on your legs only grows to a certain length lol.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Probably. I've never seen a grown woman with hairy legs nor have I gone longer than a week, but I imagine women's leg hair could reach the length of a man's.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's good to know. So, if I ever decided to stop shaving my legs, which I seriously doubt I could ever do, I can't even make it day without doing it, the hair on my legs would grow to be about the same length as a mans?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I am very weird about stubble. I'm not super hairy, I barely have any hair on my arms, but just the slightest bit of hair growing back freaks me out. I got in the habit of shaving everyday when I was younger and it is just a habit now. I live somewhere where we practically wear shorts year round and it's just something I have always done.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Why do you shave everyday? I only have to shave my legs once a week sometimes I can even go 2 weeks with out feeling stubby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Do you plan on staying unshaven? Or is it a winter thing and your just letting it stay until summertime and getting them waxed? I'm just curious. I would have gone crazy going that long. I would be picking and pulling them out.

Quoting 428:

it will only grow to a certain point.  Most women dont stop shaving long enough to see how long it will be before it stops.  I haven't shaved my legs since september.  My leg hair stopped growing at about 2cm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)