Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ENOUGH ALREADY! You aren't gonna get rich from that crap

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I have this friend who I think lost her f*in mind. For nearly 2 years now she has been a part of one of those work at home direct sales businesses, selling stuff to people. She doesn't make shit off of it. Shes always complaining about how broke they are. every time i make a suggestion to save money and cut down on her bills she gives me an excuse why she cant cuz of her business and she claims it doesnt matter cuz in a few months shes gonna be making a lot more money.. every time its "just a few more months" come on! its been two years, it's a joke get a real job! Last year she made a whopping $700... wow.. you're so rich.. ugh! *eye roll*

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Well, you're not living her life! SOunds like you just want her to do what you tell her so you can say so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM

if I didnt have to hear the constant complaining every month about how her water is getting shut off, her phone is getting shut off, she got another eviction notice, etc then i wouldnt care. But its getting so old, I try to be helpful and offer advice and she shoots it down cuz she is sooo sure her new plan to make $10,000 a month is gonna work this time! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, you're not living her life! SOunds like you just want her to do what you tell her so you can say so.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM

It depends on what she is doing. A lot of those things aren't legit and are total scams.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM

So stop offering advice! And tell her you'd rather not discuss her financial woes. Easy fix! 

Quoting Anonymous:

if I didnt have to hear the constant complaining every month about how her water is getting shut off, her phone is getting shut off, she got another eviction notice, etc then i wouldnt care. But its getting so old, I try to be helpful and offer advice and she shoots it down cuz she is sooo sure her new plan to make $10,000 a month is gonna work this time! 

Quoting Anonymous:

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I know someone like that!

She got a GOOD job as a receptionist, and decided it was beneath her. Now she does whatever random job she can scrounge up this month and is always saying "God provides!!!!!"

*facepalm*

beccailene
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM

What does she sell?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I have a BIL like that. If he had taken all the money he has thrown at scams over the last 20 years and invested it instead, he'd had a lovely nest egg instead of barely a pot to piss in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

you know whats really annoying is when she tries to guilt me into signing up for this crap. "PLEASE sign up under me, if you do I will get a bonus! it's only $100 to start but you get some free stuff" umm I don't want that crap. 

Quoting robibuni:

I know someone like that!

She got a GOOD job as a receptionist, and decided it was beneath her. Now she does whatever random job she can scrounge up this month and is always saying "God provides!!!!!"

*facepalm*

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

people are stupid , haven't you learned anything from CM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM

vitamins and weight loss crap

Quoting beccailene:

What does she sell?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured