Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for the first time tonight, I noticed...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
People's intolerance to autistic adults. It made me cry. My husband and I made sure nobody picked on him and we made sure he got home safe in the cab. I have lost my faith in humanity, officially..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM
I'm sorry mama, people are usually idiots when it come to those that are different from themselves. I hope you don't have to deal with them for a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM

What happened?  I can only think of one time I almost lost my patients with an autistic kid, but he was putting my sons life in danger and the parents where not doing anything about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
We went out for dinner and drinks and there was a very obviously autistic man there. He was drinking, and he was very loud, and almost everything he said was movie lines and song lyrics, and he loved trivia. He stimmed a lot. People were very mean to him, but we tried to include him with our group and told people to stfu. It just broke my heart that people were so ugly

Quoting Anonymous:

What happened?  I can only think of one time I almost lost my patients with an autistic kid, but he was putting my sons life in danger and the parents where not doing anything about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

it's night where you are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)