Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a cashier at Wally-World. ;-) Whatcha wanna ask me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ask me anything and I will HONESTLY answer

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, lol. I told them I would do it all over again, if need be!

Quoting mattiehatter:

A write up well earned!

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, there has only been one time. The woman called me a "retard". I HATE that word, and I schooled her on that word, and how demeaning I feel it is. Thats the only time I have got written up (stupid CSM) and I don't care. That word is negative.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Do you ever just want to stab someone in the face?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I've been working at my Walmart for about 6 or 7 months now. I make $8.50 an hour

Quoting Anonymous:

I have worked there for ten years. I live in Texas and get paid $11.15. Super shitty. Cashiers get started at $7.25. Overnight cashiers $8.00

Quoting Anonymous:

I work for a Walmart as well. I work as an overnight cashier though. How long have you been working there? What is the pay like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I got paid for Christmas too. And we're closed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Sadly enough we never close. Not even on Christmas. When N O B O D Y was in the store. But, I did get paid extra. Still dumb though...

Quoting Anonymous:

is your store open 24 hours?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Cashiers here start at $7.80

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been working at my Walmart for about 6 or 7 months now. I make $8.50 an hour

Quoting Anonymous:

I have worked there for ten years. I live in Texas and get paid $11.15. Super shitty. Cashiers get started at $7.25. Overnight cashiers $8.00

Quoting Anonymous:

I work for a Walmart as well. I work as an overnight cashier though. How long have you been working there? What is the pay like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM

It's more like an image, lol. A drunk lady came in wearing nothing but socks. She was HUGE. It was about three years ago, and I can not get that icky image out of my head. Another time is when a lady left her 6month old in the basket. CPS was called, and it was a mess. They woman had abandoned the child. Sad.

Quoting megan71108:

Whats your craziest memory working there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM
What state/city do you work in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Haven't read replies so this may have been asked but

WHY have 20 registers but only have 2 or 3 open? Shit is annoying as fuck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Lol, yes. A man wearing a dress and heels came in, purchased vaseline, condoms, a cucumber and a lighter. I could not look him in the face. It was at about 10 on a Tuesday, and there was NOBODY in the store. The other cashier was laughing the whole time.

Quoting Neuro:

Do every have any thoughts when someone comes to the register with a basket full of things like vodka, boxes of condoms, petroleum jelly and carrots or something just odd and slightly off the wall like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Yes, there is ALWAYS drama. I was a stocker when I first started. They DO NOT have enough people. PERIOD. You are doing four peoples job in an eight hour shift, and it NEVER gets completely done. And yet, they won't hire good workers. They hire "kids" who do nothing but talk. U.G.H.

Quoting Neuro:

Another one... drama. Every time I go to Wal Mart I will hear the employees talking about some drama that I guess is going on between them, they sound like middle schoolers. Does this happen at your store and if so, why do people shit talk/get pissed at each other? Is it like, for stocking a shelf wrong or what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Well, for starters, I am awesome. That is the main reason they want to talk to me. Another reason is that Wal-Mart has a HUGE impact on society. They are  (almost) everywhere. Everyone has a crazy WallyWorld story to tell, and that's what I'm doing. Only I have all the shit to deal with ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you think people would want to ask you stuff?

These posts are so strange. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)