Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I complain?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 24 Replies
We live in a private apartment. It's just us, we live upstairs and the guy that lives below us. Our landlord live next-door to us. Our landlords are really kind people. I love living here. Anyway the man below us almost every night around 11pm starts yelling and cussing so loud that we can hear him over our TV. Tonight he was slamming doors and everything. We also had a problem with him once when my Grandma came to visit, she parked in one of his parking spaces, she didn't know certain one's belonged to us and I didn't think to check where she parked. He comes banging on our door demanding she move and he called and complained to the landlord. We apologized and she gladly moved. He only has one car so I don't see the big deal. We try and keep the peace but it gets old hearing him cuss and scream all the time. Should we complain or just leave it be?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happy41ce
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM
If you can hear it can't she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Is he cussing and yelling at someone? Having a mental episode?I dunno. I'd probably be concerned that there was something off down there. Maybe tell the landlord that you're worried, and explain what's going on. I can't think of any good reason to be doing that.
MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM
I doubt it. We are spaced out from them quite a bit. They have a huge yard.

Quoting happy41ce:

If you can hear it can't she?
MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:09 AM
He lives alone, I just assume he is on the phone? Or talking to himself. He is a strange one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is he cussing and yelling at someone? Having a mental episode?I dunno. I'd probably be concerned that there was something off down there. Maybe tell the landlord that you're worried, and explain what's going on. I can't think of any good reason to be doing that.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM

As far as the yelling and screaming I would probably complain.  Him yelling about your grandma is uncalled for.  I can remember when I was pregnant with my daughter it was the middle of winter and I was huge pregnant so my husband was really anal about making sure my parking spot was always shoveled out and the sidewalk was clean, he was so worried about me falling.  There where not designated paring spots but it was kinda an unspoken rule since we where the only (double) house on the street we would not park in front of our neighbors house or allow any guests to park there and he did the same for us.  One night I came home from work and he was having a party, someone parked in my spot (the only one on the street that was shoveled out).  Needless to say when my husband came home and saw where I had to park he was not to happy, but he still asked him in a nice tone to please not allow his guests to park there, that he keeps it cleaned out for me and there is plenty of other parking on the street.  It was never a problem again.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM
I would complain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Sounds like my brother. He has aspergers. He tends to rant and has no volume control. Be thankful you're not living below this guy, if he's like my bro, he's probably pacing too, lol.

Quoting MisterandMe:

He lives alone, I just assume he is on the phone? Or talking to himself. He is a strange one.

Quoting Anonymous:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I doubt that it would do you any good.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I would approach him first and just let him know that you are hearing this every night...maybe he does not know that you can hear. If you are afraid of him, report him to the landlord. On the parking...most people I know with assigned parking get really touchy about it. GL...my upstairs neighbors get up every morning at 4 am. neither of them work, but it sure gets me up when I wiant to be sleeping. Another neighbor smokes so much that our apartment is filled with smoke...we want to move.

MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I don't know of he has anything wrong with him. I would feel terrible of he did and I complain. It's always so late at night though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like my brother. He has aspergers. He tends to rant and has no volume control. Be thankful you're not living below this guy, if he's like my bro, he's probably pacing too, lol.

Quoting MisterandMe:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)