Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Herpes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I contracted herpes from my then boyfriend nearly 13 years ago. He and I later married...and divorced. So he is the only person I've been with since being diagnosed. Now I'm 35, single and I have no idea how to date with an std. I'm really interested in this guy, but I don't want to scare him off. I'm just so embarrassed and ashamed. I didn't sleep with a bunch of guys, always used a condom but none of that matters. My ex has slept with half the town since we separated, so is it really not that big of a deal? Are people really that ok with it? I never thought I'd be in this position. I never worried much about it because I was married and I just didn't matter. Now I feel like my failed marriage is holding me back physically/sexually along with all the other baggage. How do I move forward?

I know I'm not alone with this. Support and stories of how you handled that conversation would be appreciated. I know there's no guarantee that this new guy will accept me...
Help. Please?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM

There are dating sites for people that have STDs.  I cannot remember the name of it but it is something maybe you can look into.  I know they offer a lot of support and can give you tips on getting back into the dating world.  One of my good friends has herpes and I remember her talking about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured