Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mom at 16, A total disgrace! THOUGHTS? (EDIT blue)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For anyone who thinks I am trying to make teen pregnancy something magical and perfect I am not. I am now 19 years old and my son will be three this year, We are not on PA, FS or any type of assistance for the past 18 months. My Husband is 20 has a job that brings enough to survive comfortably, no we're not rich but we rent our home, brought our furniture even if it is second hand and a little ratty, I am doing online schooling and trying to get my GED this year, I took the last 2 years off to care of my son because I do not like daycare centers and didn't want my son away from me. I NEVER go out, I have no friends, I have no life outside my family because I gave it all up! I love him, I love my DH, honestly I love my life and once again for that I am judged because I am PROUD OF HOW FAR WE HAVE CAME SINCE THAT DAY I MADE THE CHOICE FOR THIS TO BE OUR LIFE I am not proud of being pregnant at 16.

This is my story from my heart. Pregnant at 15 and a mom at 16.

A TOTAL DISGRACE

I want a car,

Get out of this place,

Tired of being seen as a disgrace,

16 years young I became a mom,

but to me its the best thing I have ever done.

I love what I have created that baby I hold everyday,

Of course I have had to change my teenage ways,

What I hate the most is my decisions are seen as mistakes,

People say hes taken my childhood and I have taken his faith.

He'll grow up in a broken home they say,

While I will be a welfare mom until my last days,

What people don't realise is I walked out that day,

I was going to pretend this never happened,

Have it all cleared away,

None of you would have known he even had existed,

That he was even here,

But seeing that black and white picture gave me tears,

I held my breath and shook my head,

I told me them to let me off the bed,

I held my moms hand and asked her to take me home,

I didnt want this, I guess she heard it in my tone,

I knew there was a reason that nurse turned the screen,

She knew one day I would dream,

Of the child I gave up, The one I thought I couldnt raise,

Even now the stares, words, the judgement put me in a daze,

I wonder what people would think of me if I had gone through with it,

If they had never seen his face?

I wonder if I would still be the family disgrace?

The family judges me, puts me down,

My mom stand by me and never frowns!

I hold my head high but inside I'm drowning in emotional rain,

They put me in the same catagory as people with an addiction,

Disgusting trash,

I dont deserve a crucifixion,

I am not dirty nor am I a whore,

I didnt spread my legs like an open door,

I didnt make a mistake, I made a life,

My son doesnt deserve the judgement nor do I.

I had a baby young,

I left my childhood behind me,

I was not robbed of a life,

I gave it away,

I gave it up for a beautiful baby,

And for that I am thankful everyday.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't matter what you do in life, there will always be someone who doesn't approve of the choices you've made. Don't worry about them. The only people you need to prove anything to is yourself and your child. :) I liked the poem, by the way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
No, I didn't go to Harvard. I had to go to OU.. And without a baby on my hip. It was torture. Guess I didn't reach high enough for my star!

You're right though... I'm sure she's a shoe in, typos and all.

Quoting supercarp:

I could name drop any private school. I know someone who was admitted to Harvard on the basis of her poetry, not her GPA. Straight A students are a dime a dozen. What I am trying to say (and you're not getting-did you fail to get into Harvard or something?) is that she should continue to reach for stars and not give up just because she had a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the one name dropping Harvard, not me. I'm not saying you shouldn't encourage her but don't feed her a line of bullshit. She's obviously pretty susceptible to bullshit, I mean she didnt let someone talk her into getting knocked up at 16

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful. I was a teen mom...we've done fine and are very close. I now have a wonderful husb and a total of 4 kids. I'm sure you're an amazing mom. You're not a disgrace. I thought of my 1st as a blessing and a way to move on. ( I was raped).

Good luck!!

flawskii
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Your poem was beautiful and for those who's saying you can't pay bills with poetry obviously never heard of Maya Angelou. With that being said, my mother was a teen mom and my family wanted her to get an abortion. My Granny moved away and left my mom to take care of me by herself. I am 27 and just had my first born almost 6 months ago. I have a little girl and I would be hurt if she came home as a teen and pregnant. I would never turn my back on her and I would help her as much as possible. Everyone makes mistakes, some greater than others but it's about the lesson you learn what you take from it and grow. Continue to be strong and do what you have to do as a mother for your son. Keep your head up and don't let the rudness of some of these bitter ass ladies get you down.

supercarp
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

You still don't get it. Maybe living in Ohio makes a person naturally negative.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I didn't go to Harvard. I had to go to OU.. And without a baby on my hip. It was torture. Guess I didn't reach high enough for my star!

Quoting supercarp:

I could name drop any private school. I know someone who was admitted to Harvard on the basis of her poetry, not her GPA. Straight A students are a dime a dozen. What I am trying to say (and you're not getting-did you fail to get into Harvard or something?) is that she should continue to reach for stars and not give up just because she had a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the one name dropping Harvard, not me. I'm not saying you shouldn't encourage her but don't feed her a line of bullshit. She's obviously pretty susceptible to bullshit, I mean she didnt let someone talk her into getting knocked up at 16

Pnukey
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is a disgrace and sad when kids throw away their future for a baby. Babies are great. OK, babies suck, but kids are great. While some may do OK being a teen mom, they will never realize their full potential like they would have if they had waited. 

stephiic
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
BUMP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Lol I don't live in Ohio

Quoting supercarp:

You still don't get it. Maybe living in Ohio makes a person naturally negative.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Anonymous:

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This is illogical.

Having sex was the wrong path. The consequence of that choice happened to include a child.

Having that mistake followed by your implied abortion would have been TWO bad choices. Two wrongs don't make a right, and obviously this young lady enjoys being a mom.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

That philosophy is what causes children to make bad choices, there are mistakes in life and having sex and a baby before you reach adulthood is a big one, with big consequences for both the child and the baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

Of cause not, in that being said I would not treat them the way I was and still am treated by my family. No baby is a mistake and I will never allow myself to think of this path as a mistake.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

So do you recommend your path for your children?

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Not true! Some people, especially those with family support, go on to finish school and go to college and have careers. It may be more difficult, but it is certainly not impossible!

I was not a teen mom, and I went to college. I had a career, and it was nothing compared to being a mom. My future goal when I married at 19 was to have a family, and it was one of the hardest challenges of my life to meet.

It is your type of attitude of devaluing of family that is making our world go to shit.

Quoting Pnukey:

Yes, it is a disgrace and sad when kids throw away their future for a baby. Babies are great. OK, babies suck, but kids are great. While some may do OK being a teen mom, they will never realize their full potential like they would have if they had waited. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)