Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate you people...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I hate you people who stare at my son like he is some kind of freak. I hate you people who point at him and call him a retard. Just because he doesn't comprehend that word, you think it's okay? Do you feel like a big person for calling a fourteen year old that? Does it make you feel good?  You think it's okay to laugh at him? It's not. He has a right to be in the park, same as your kid. He loves to swing. You don't have to make fun of him for that. You are a bully, and I feel sorry for you, and your child alike. You are narrow-minded people. My son is a wonderful boy. True, he can not communicate. True, he has meltdowns and gets violent at times. It's not for no reason at all. The music is too loud, there's too many people, he can't stand the color black. Nonetheless, he is NOT a retard. And he still wants to be your friend. Instead of using his words, he uses actions. He's not that different and you shouldn't make us feel bad for wanting him to be somewhat normal. But mostly, I hate you because you will never know what it is like to have a child who is not normal. And I hate myself for hating you.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:46 AM

((hugs))

RoseBlossom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM

this is called bullying...sad that it happens still

Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Sorry that this happened to you guys. Its no excuse for anyone to act that way towards anyone especially a kid.

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM
I'm sorry you and your son have to deal with mean children. They can be really cruel and disrespectful. This bullying is getting out of hand:/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Honestly I was that kid who had been friends with all of the kids who nobody wanted to be friends with. I was hearing impaired all my life and I hated the way people would isolate others for no reason at all. My best friend in preschool had a neurological disorder and was in a wheel chair. She couldn't talk but I still played house with her and talked to her like I would anyone else. I was devastated that she passed away in her sleep.  It really isn't a reason to pick on someone because of a disability mental and physical. I learned that at 5 years old. It's sad that adults can't learn that and it's sad that someone has to judge someone else especially when we all know no one is perfect, no matter how hard they project themselves to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Thank you everyone. I just needed to pitch a fit. I'm just exhausted today.

LilyPondOasis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Amen! 

Hugs to you and to your sweet son!! Very well said Momma! 

Your son is very lucky to have you as his Mommy! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM

I have. Multiple times. It's the same group of 3 adults. I've approached them, and attempted to talk to them. They were rude, and had to rush off suddenly. The second time, I had a handwritten letter. Nope. Trashed that too, and off they went. Third time a phamplet about his disability. They all looked at me and said "We really don't want your retarded son anywhere near this park." So, I've tried to be sweet. I've tried to be nice. I can't. The only reason I take him there is because they have a swing big enough for him. I have no problems with the other parents (I ALWAYS carry information,and am MORE THAN HAPPY to talk with anyone about him, thank you very much)

Quoting AA2.0:

How about trying to educate people instead of hating them. It's far more productive, IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM

:( So sorry hun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Oh, no! I am sorry, didn't mean to make you cry. We just had a really bad day today and I needed to let off steam.

Quoting noholdingback:

This made me tear up. Much love to you and your beautiful boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured