Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate you people...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I hate you people who stare at my son like he is some kind of freak. I hate you people who point at him and call him a retard. Just because he doesn't comprehend that word, you think it's okay? Do you feel like a big person for calling a fourteen year old that? Does it make you feel good?  You think it's okay to laugh at him? It's not. He has a right to be in the park, same as your kid. He loves to swing. You don't have to make fun of him for that. You are a bully, and I feel sorry for you, and your child alike. You are narrow-minded people. My son is a wonderful boy. True, he can not communicate. True, he has meltdowns and gets violent at times. It's not for no reason at all. The music is too loud, there's too many people, he can't stand the color black. Nonetheless, he is NOT a retard. And he still wants to be your friend. Instead of using his words, he uses actions. He's not that different and you shouldn't make us feel bad for wanting him to be somewhat normal. But mostly, I hate you because you will never know what it is like to have a child who is not normal. And I hate myself for hating you.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

How do you figure?   It's even defined in the dictionary as OFFENSIVE.

Is this joke offensive?

"Americans are the most charitable people in the world.   They even elected that retarded cowboy fella,  to be president".

Quoting Anonymous:

re·tard  

/riˈtärd/
Verb
Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.
Noun

offensive. A mentally handicapped person

Not their fault YOU get offended by the word.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM

It's not a funny joke because it's lame, and it's not a true statement because he's not slow, he doesn't have mental delays and he has accomplished many things. It's only retarded republicans who can't see that.

Quoting lancet98:

Is this joke offensive?

"Americans are the most charitable people in the world.   They even elected that retarded cowboy fella,  to be president".

Quoting Anonymous:

re·tard  

/riˈtärd/
Verb
Noun

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Just to make a futile attempt to ease this back on to the track, what I meant was that 'retarded' is, today, no longer a diagnosis, it is an insult.   And yes, it is offensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not a funny joke because it's lame, and it's not a true statement because he's not slow, he doesn't have mental delays and he has accomplished many things. It's only retarded republicans who can't see that.

Quoting lancet98:

Is this joke offensive?

Quoting Anonymous:

re·tard  

/riˈtärd/
Verb
Noun

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I am so sorry people are like that. One of my best friends has a son with cp. I like to get my 4year old ds around him and teach him that just because he plays different than him that its ok and we love him.

Sending hugs to you both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for venting my bottled up emotions for me.  I needed that.

twinners.mama
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Never hate yourself mama. Just don't let their hate turn you into a monster like them without realizing it.
Yogamom08
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Hugs to you.

Some people suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I'm so sorry, I know that feeling :(
N_maricle
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Sorry people are rude to your son. But don't let him be aggressive when you go out...

Caitlin1983
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I hate to say it but I'm one of the people who stare....NOT because I am thinking any sort of ill thoughts or anything like that but because I'm curious. I don't have any experience with that sort of situation. I don't sit there gawking but I would probably watch a little just out of curiosity. I'm a people watcher. Love going to the airport to watch all different kinds of people.

I would love to see you at the park pushing your son in the swing. My DS loves to swing too and I would probably strike up a conversation with you.

So don't think everyone who is staring is doing it with any malice. I certainly am not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured