Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex just called me to tell me his dad passed away.  He was crying on the phone to me. I felt nothing for him.  Nothing.  I had told him (the last time he screwed me over) that there would be times that he would need me and I was no longer there for him.  He has screwed me over more ways than I ever thought possible, he has hurt my kids, and he has just been a huge disappointment over all.  I seriously felt nothing for him. It almost surprised me because typically I really feel for people and hate to see or hear people cry. I am highly affected by the emotions of others.  There was absolutely nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:04 AM

No I don't think that makes you heartless

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I wonder if this will make him realize how much damage he has done. He knows that I am not like this at all.  How can someone that spent almost 19 years with him feel nothing?  He did this.  His actions took all concern I have for him away. He has to realize that.

Quoting kiralyn:

I don't blame you.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Not heartless just a women who got fed up. Good for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes even sympathetic people have to emotionally shut certain people out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:23 AM

he was heartless first ! karma is a woman for a reason

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Not heartless at all. When you know that someone is selfish its easy to get to that point. His feelings are no longer your feelings. As long as its isolated to him and not the world there is nothing wrong with it. 

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM

You must not have liked his dad much?

SadeAyosmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:33 AM

you sound like you have just become numb to him. which is a good thing... considering he screwed you over repeatedly

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM

I liked his dad.  His death has been coming though.  He is diabetic and has refused to take care of himself.  He was drinking alcohol mixed with kool-aid while receiving dialysis.  That is not someone that wants to live.

I feel bad that his dad passed way. I feel bad for his family. I feel nothing for my ex. 

Quoting Lindalou907:

You must not have liked his dad much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Did you feel bad for his dad passing away or did you not know/get along with his dad?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN