Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex just called me to tell me his dad passed away.  He was crying on the phone to me. I felt nothing for him.  Nothing.  I had told him (the last time he screwed me over) that there would be times that he would need me and I was no longer there for him.  He has screwed me over more ways than I ever thought possible, he has hurt my kids, and he has just been a huge disappointment over all.  I seriously felt nothing for him. It almost surprised me because typically I really feel for people and hate to see or hear people cry. I am highly affected by the emotions of others.  There was absolutely nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Send a card and take the kids to the service, that's all you're obligated to do. It's actually good that you are not all caught up in your ex's grief. Your ex-fil was an alcoholic, so be sure to tell your kids that drinking is a big risk and they probably shouldn't.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I liked his dad.  His death has been coming though.  He is diabetic and has refused to take care of himself.  He was drinking alcohol mixed with kool-aid while receiving dialysis.  That is not someone that wants to live.

I feel bad that his dad passed way. I feel bad for his family. I feel nothing for my ex. 

Quoting Lindalou907:

You must not have liked his dad much?

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I was with my ex for nearly 19 years. I knew his family well. I liked his dad a lot.  I also have watched him slowly kill himself.  I feel bad that he died, but at the same time, he hasn't been happy for a long time and didn't take care of himself at all.  He never took care of himself, but it got worse after his wife passed away.  His wife did the exact same thing to herself. She died of cirrhosis of the liver due to alcoholism and he passed away from diabetes/kidney failure due to alchoholism and not changing his diet.

When someone refuses to take care of themselves, all you can do is sit back and wait for them to die. It was expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you feel bad for his dad passing away or did you not know/get along with his dad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM

That sucks. I still probably would have felt sorry for the dad, not your ex though.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I was with my ex for nearly 19 years. I knew his family well. I liked his dad a lot.  I also have watched him slowly kill himself.  I feel bad that he died, but at the same time, he hasn't been happy for a long time and didn't take care of himself at all.  He never took care of himself, but it got worse after his wife passed away.  His wife did the exact same thing to herself. She died of cirrhosis of the liver due to alcoholism and he passed away from diabetes/kidney failure due to alchoholism and not changing his diet.

When someone refuses to take care of themselves, all you can do is sit back and wait for them to die. It was expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you feel bad for his dad passing away or did you not know/get along with his dad?

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM

He wasn't ex's biodad, but he adopted my ex very young.  Although, his wife died from alcoholism and she was my childrens' bio grandma. I do worry about their family's genetics.  It tends towards addiction in almost everyone.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Send a card and take the kids to the service, that's all you're obligated to do. It's actually good that you are not all caught up in your ex's grief. Your ex-fil was an alcoholic, so be sure to tell your kids that drinking is a big risk and they probably shouldn't.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I liked his dad.  His death has been coming though.  He is diabetic and has refused to take care of himself.  He was drinking alcohol mixed with kool-aid while receiving dialysis.  That is not someone that wants to live.

I feel bad that his dad passed way. I feel bad for his family. I feel nothing for my ex. 

Quoting Lindalou907:

You must not have liked his dad much?

TB78
by Tasha on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM

sorry to hear that your ex's parents didn't do anything to get themselves better. i agree with most of the others that you are not heartless you are just wiser to your ex's ways and that you are only obligated to send a card and to take your children to the funeral if they want to go. 

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
That is what I will do, but it will be a very uncomfortable situation.

Quoting TB78:

sorry to hear that your ex's parents didn't do anything to get themselves better. i agree with most of the others that you are not heartless you are just wiser to your ex's ways and that you are only obligated to send a card and to take your children to the funeral if they want to go. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Not at all are you heartless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I agree with you.  He had you and your love at one point...he's an ex for a reason and there is good reason for you to feel NOTHING!  Glad you moved on :)

AmyL3469
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I don't think that's heartless. I think that's called getting the heck over a loser! Good for you.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I'm still laughing at the pathetic pic of him you put up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)