Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex just called me to tell me his dad passed away.  He was crying on the phone to me. I felt nothing for him.  Nothing.  I had told him (the last time he screwed me over) that there would be times that he would need me and I was no longer there for him.  He has screwed me over more ways than I ever thought possible, he has hurt my kids, and he has just been a huge disappointment over all.  I seriously felt nothing for him. It almost surprised me because typically I really feel for people and hate to see or hear people cry. I am highly affected by the emotions of others.  There was absolutely nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Lol.. what a moron. Does he not get that he is an ex and frankly you don't care? Gah! I don't blame you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

You're not heartless.  *** Hugs ***

GagaNTattooS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Good for you. That's when you know your done.
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

i dnt blame you, i'd feel the same way. But i am guilty that if my ex's mother called to tell me that my ex died i would be ecstatic ;) no joke. the dude made me miserable for 7 years. It's possible i may even throw a party when that day comes.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I would have cared. I feel like I should care.  I was with him for almost 19 years and he wasn't a "bad" guy then. He had his issues.  He turned into a complete douchebag after I left him and has just acted in a way that I find unforgivable.  I did like his dad a lot. There were many years that his family was more of a family to me than my own. 

I just had to tell my kids that they lost their grandpa.  That is really when I felt something.  I have just put up a huge wall when it comes to my ex. He does not deserve my sympathy.

Quoting eesmommy:

Lol.. what a moron. Does he not get that he is an ex and frankly you don't care? Gah! I don't blame you.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have known I was done for a long time, but I wanted to be civil.  I can't continue trying to be nice when he is acting in a way that is so disgusting to me. I have had totally shut myself off to him other than the "business" end of what is best for the kids.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Good for you. That's when you know your done.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Ugghh, I know.  :-/

I now found out that this 24 year old girl he made a baby with is a drug addict.  I just don't know what in the hell is wrong with him...

Quoting eviesmom453:

I'm still laughing at the pathetic pic of him you put up.

MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

We might even be able to find a coupon for pull ups if that'll help?  XD

Quoting Mashnut3161:

your not heartless. He is a big boy. He should go to walmart and buy bigboy pants. and then put them on

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That seems appropriate for someone that will never grow up.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

We might even be able to find a coupon for pull ups if that'll help?  XD

Quoting Mashnut3161:

your not heartless. He is a big boy. He should go to walmart and buy bigboy pants. and then put them on

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I felt the same way when bd's mom died. He didn't seem to care when I was pregnant or in the hospital following the birth with a kidney infection. Why should I feel sorry for a jerk? I don't blame you it's just a natural reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)