Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex just called me to tell me his dad passed away.  He was crying on the phone to me. I felt nothing for him.  Nothing.  I had told him (the last time he screwed me over) that there would be times that he would need me and I was no longer there for him.  He has screwed me over more ways than I ever thought possible, he has hurt my kids, and he has just been a huge disappointment over all.  I seriously felt nothing for him. It almost surprised me because typically I really feel for people and hate to see or hear people cry. I am highly affected by the emotions of others.  There was absolutely nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Replies (41-49):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hey, you're still pregnant!:D
Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Agreed

Quoting briellesmomma:

Youre not heartless at all! I dont think so anyway :)

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I don't like being "cold" to people. It is not typical of me.  This is only a feeling that I have towards him.  It says a lot though.

Quoting MeeshMom:

I felt the same way when bd's mom died. He didn't seem to care when I was pregnant or in the hospital following the birth with a kidney infection. Why should I feel sorry for a jerk? I don't blame you it's just a natural reaction.

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I know.  :)  I am feeling good too.  I am thinking I am going to get a full term baby. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM
That's great! I had to wait until my third to get full term. And it was sooo important to me so I could deliver at a birth center rather than a hospital. I counted the days to 37 weeks! She stayed in until 39. It was awesome.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I know.  :)  I am feeling good too.  I am thinking I am going to get a full term baby. 

Quoting Anonymous:

KG34
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I wouldn't feel for my ex either. I would feel for his mom though. She is one the sweetest, most kind people I've ever met. Her husband is a jerk, but she loves him.

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex and his sister can go eff themselves. I do feel bad for his brother, he is a good guy. Of course, I feel for my kids. It was hard to tell them.  I feel bad for my ex's grandparents.  They lost their son.  The grandma will be the one I hurt for the most of them too. Grandpa is a jerk.  Grandma is sweet and this will be the first child she lost.

Quoting KG34:

I wouldn't feel for my ex either. I would feel for his mom though. She is one the sweetest, most kind people I've ever met. Her husband is a jerk, but she loves him.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My ex called me one day at work talking about how he was in the hospital , yada yada yada.

I asked him if I was supposed to care. He never called me again lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I would advise my children to accompany their dad with their grandfathers passing and that it would mean a lot to their father if they were to be there with him..this way they  can be compassionate..you don't have to go but maybe just transport them the funeral  and you kids will see you are a better and bigger person...

Quoting TrouserMouse:

He pretty much had to let me know. He wants me to tell the kids. He will want me to take them to the funeral because he won't have a way to transport them. At some point, he will probably ask me for money or a place to stay which will not happen at this point.

Quoting ladysamanda:

Good. That's why he's your ex. He still obviously cares for you, or else wouldn't have bothered you. Sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured