Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So angry I am shaking. ETA. Again. Updated...no real update....but added a small one at top

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Apparently she was picked up for questioning. Not sure what happened.  Dd is home sick today so I have been tending to her

My 10 yr old dd spent the night with a friend last night.  They live nearby but across the highway and down a bit.  This morning at 6:15 my doorbell was ringing.  I get up to answer it and it is my daughter and another girl who also lives in our neighborhood...she is 8.   The other mom had them WALK home. My dd said she sent all the girls withing "walking distance" home because her dd got in trouble.  It was still dark outside. They crossed a major highway, walked almost a mile, and carried all of their stuff.  What in the hell was this lady thinking?  I check my phone and there was a text maybe 5-7 minutes before dd got home. I slept through it.  Had she called me I would have gone to get her.  Dd said she asked to use the phone and was told to quit being lazy and walk.

Obviously she will NEVER spend the night there again.  The other little girls mom is angry too.  Anything could have happened.  I have known the other mom for awhile.  She is a Girl Scout leader and team mom for the kids soccer team.  Once I calm down I will be calling her.  Also dd said two other girls walked home in a different direction. Going to call their moms to make sure they made it. 

Called other moms....girls made it. Still not sure why the girls were sent home. We are all supposed to see her in a few hours at soccer game. 

Added info - the other two moms are on their way. They agree with calling the cops.  The other mom in the neighborhood is here now.  Our kids are asleep.  We can't leave them alone to go confront the lady. Honestly confronting her on her property probably isn't a good idea anyway. 

UPDATE-  Cops just left. They took statements from all of us.  They said it is considered child endangerment. They also said that obviously the kids were out before 6 without a parent which means curfew was broken. They aren't sure what the charges will be.   They said under no circumstances are we to approach her if we see her. 

One of the other moms is a Daisy leader so she called the lady she knows to let her know what is going on.  

Soccer game is at 11. They will be there to pick her up if they don't get her before. 

She nor her daughter were at the game. A few other moms were there and had heard what happened and had girls also spend the night there last night.  Turns out one more walked home after the first four left. She was fine as well. And apparently that mom called the cops on her own.  Not sure what is going on with the lady. After the game we took all the girls out for pizza and then my dd and I came home and had a long talk about safety and what to do if that situation ever were to happen again.

oh and the reason the girl supposedly got in trouble was she had taken make up from her moms room and used it that night. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I say police matter!

She denied your child the chance to call you & made her cross a busy, dangerous highway where anything could have happened (thankfully it didn't)

She seems very irresponsible

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid is asleep. You want me to leave her here alone?  I have talked to the other moms. We are getting together soon.  The mom in our neighborhood is here now and her kid is asleep too. Once the other moms get here we will make a report all at once. Honestly I was trying to decide if this was a police matter or a personal matter. 

Quoting Anonymous:

After reading this & all the comments & replies from OP. im sure this is a Troll!

Any mom would be calling this crazy ass mom and giving her a piece of their mind, not waiting and making excuses! I woukd even be reporting her to CPS!

Sorry but I dont believe this!!

BarbaraLS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL--way to add words to my post that are not there. As far as I can read, its an evolving situation--and OP hasn't yet decided how she wants to handle it. I merely said I agreed that she was right in waiting to get clear on how she (and the other affected moms) want to handle it.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Heads would role
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Uh my DD is 13 and I would be pissed if that happened to her.

I would be at that mothers house about 5 mins after my child walker through my front door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRYSTALK1013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I would have definitely called the cops. That is complete and total bullshit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I agree-- stay away from her house. She can lie and say that you did something that you didn't do on her property. Smart thinking.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Oh I would be on ready! Ready to beat her ass! You are too calm for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

The poor cops.  Like they don't have enough to do without getting involved in a mommy squabble, especially when nothing happened that went wrong.  You are supposed to call police for crimes, not disagreements.  Your dd is fine, and you never send her there again.  Problem solved.

The mom did the wrong thing, but the other moms should have the communication skills to calmly express that fact  to her and explain why their children will never be going there again.  Peer disdain is much more effective than a confused cop being sent to chastise her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Wow.. I would be pissed!!

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

So; a parent kicking underage children out of her house in the dark, refusing to allow them to ring their parents and forcing the children to walk home - across a busy highway (which for the record it is illegal for pedestrians to be on highways) and endangering these children's lives? Yeah - totally normal, nothing wrong, nothing illegal >.> If she had done that to the girl scouts - she'd be in a jail cell by now -what's the difference? she is legally obligied to take care of both sets of children until a parent/guardian can retrieve them - anything that happens to them during that time is on HER watch. Btw - update yet?

Quoting Anonymous:

The poor cops.  Like they don't have enough to do without getting involved in a mommy squabble, especially when nothing happened that went wrong.

The mom did the wrong thing, but the other moms should have the communication skills to calmly express that fact  to her and explain why their children will never be going there again.  Peer disdain is much more effective than a confused cop being sent to chastise her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)