Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So angry I am shaking. ETA. Again. Updated...no real update....but added a small one at top

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Apparently she was picked up for questioning. Not sure what happened.  Dd is home sick today so I have been tending to her

My 10 yr old dd spent the night with a friend last night.  They live nearby but across the highway and down a bit.  This morning at 6:15 my doorbell was ringing.  I get up to answer it and it is my daughter and another girl who also lives in our neighborhood...she is 8.   The other mom had them WALK home. My dd said she sent all the girls withing "walking distance" home because her dd got in trouble.  It was still dark outside. They crossed a major highway, walked almost a mile, and carried all of their stuff.  What in the hell was this lady thinking?  I check my phone and there was a text maybe 5-7 minutes before dd got home. I slept through it.  Had she called me I would have gone to get her.  Dd said she asked to use the phone and was told to quit being lazy and walk.

Obviously she will NEVER spend the night there again.  The other little girls mom is angry too.  Anything could have happened.  I have known the other mom for awhile.  She is a Girl Scout leader and team mom for the kids soccer team.  Once I calm down I will be calling her.  Also dd said two other girls walked home in a different direction. Going to call their moms to make sure they made it. 

Called other moms....girls made it. Still not sure why the girls were sent home. We are all supposed to see her in a few hours at soccer game. 

Added info - the other two moms are on their way. They agree with calling the cops.  The other mom in the neighborhood is here now.  Our kids are asleep.  We can't leave them alone to go confront the lady. Honestly confronting her on her property probably isn't a good idea anyway. 

UPDATE-  Cops just left. They took statements from all of us.  They said it is considered child endangerment. They also said that obviously the kids were out before 6 without a parent which means curfew was broken. They aren't sure what the charges will be.   They said under no circumstances are we to approach her if we see her. 

One of the other moms is a Daisy leader so she called the lady she knows to let her know what is going on.  

Soccer game is at 11. They will be there to pick her up if they don't get her before. 

She nor her daughter were at the game. A few other moms were there and had heard what happened and had girls also spend the night there last night.  Turns out one more walked home after the first four left. She was fine as well. And apparently that mom called the cops on her own.  Not sure what is going on with the lady. After the game we took all the girls out for pizza and then my dd and I came home and had a long talk about safety and what to do if that situation ever were to happen again.

oh and the reason the girl supposedly got in trouble was she had taken make up from her moms room and used it that night. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I'm so glad you got the cops involved...that's.horrible.
you're better than me...I would have gone right over and kicked her ass...endangering your child's life like she did...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Awakened1
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I'm glad your daughter and other kids were ok.
babiegurl47
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

OMG I hope she gets in serious trouble. Id be furious!

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

If ANYONE, I don't care who it is, sent MY 10 year old DD out to walk - at 5:15am no less, I would be in jail. There is NO REASON for her to have done that and she should have been human enough to at least call the parents. There is NO WAY I would EVER allow my daughter to be around her again, for any reason.

I think you did the right thing. I don't know that I could have. I don't know that I wouldn't have been at her door with my temper in tow.

I hope she is no longer allowed to be a Girl Scout leader or team Mom. Her actions endangered several little girls and are beyond heinous.

saral2790
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Bump for updates!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Bump for updates
twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I definitely think you did the right thing by calling the cops! More than one law/rule was broken by her actions. She could have very easily called each mother and told you her" daughter was in trouble and I her guests needed to go home. Please pick Susie q up as soon as you're awake."
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

report the incident to the GS council and soccer league... just in case.

CPS will be involved since the police are, so it's best to get all the bases covered.  She has no business being around her own kids, let alone anyone else's.

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this

the mom in me says beat her ass... the logical side says... beat her ass and tell the cops she fell :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I would not live in an area like that, if it is as bad as you are saying.

Quoting PISCIS29:

Try growing up AND raising kids in my neighborhood where cops won't do jack shit until the worst happens. Around here pple don't trust the police bc they haven't been doing what they were hired to do. So tell me this if someone hurts one of your LO and cops let that person go. They do it again and again are you gonna keep putting your faith in what doesn't work? Me ? Hell no. Sometimes YOU have to defend your own kin.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you would be happy with yourself sitting in jail where you could not protect them or care for them. I am not a "lover" either, for the most part I can't stand people. I guarantee that I love my kids more than doing something stupid that might separate us for a long time. No one can raise my kids as good as I would and do and I will do nothing to jeopardize that. Any action that would is actually selfish and self serving, not Motherly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I don't give a shit. You pull something like that with MY kid your better be prepared to either fight or run. Apparently you didn't see the " I'm a fighter not a lover when it comes to LO life or well being " sometimes cops don't do the shit they're supposed to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes that makes so much sense, your butt would be headed to jail too. So mature!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but if ANY ONE endanger MY LO's life oh hell no it's old fashioned kick your ass to the moon justice with me. I would have left her black and blue. But then again I'm a fighter NOT a lover when it comes to my LO's health and well bing and safety. Lucky bitch. Can't be touched now that cops know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)