Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw a child beating on her mom today....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

I was at the store and as I was loading my kids in the car i saw just a few cars away a parent getting punched around by her 8 year old daughter. The little girl was literally jumping into the air trying to hit mom in the face cuz of the height difference.

they seemed to be aurguing about something i dont know what, couldnt hear and i was busy trying to shield my own kids from the scene. I didnt know what to do so i did nothing, but the look of helplessness, emotional drain and tiredness on moms face was heartbreaking. Mom looked over at me for a sec and she spanked her bottom and the girl smacked at her again.Then they walked away, girl hitting and screaming at mom.

I think back and wish id done/said something but im still not sure what that something should have been.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
8 moms liked this
This is why I carry water balloons with me where ever I go. I see some shit and throw a water balloon at them to stop the madness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

lol yes that is a good idea!

Quoting JLo1486:

This is why I carry water balloons with me where ever I go. I see some shit and throw a water balloon at them to stop the madness.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

At the wee age of 4 my son thought he could hit me. I dont know where he got it from as he has only been spanked once. I promise you he will never hit me again. I took 10 tickets(our form of rewarding him for good behavior each ticket is worth a dollar), his xbox for a week, and he wasnt allow to play after school with his friends for a week. He had a daily reminder of why he was grounded.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know but I think I would have asked if she needed help. Even if it was just to get that look of helplessness off of her face. I would have got my kids in the car and then went to ask if she needs help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I would guess that either the girl has some mental issues or it's a learned behavior. If it's a mental issue there's nothing you could have done. If the girl is just fighting back then her parents made their bed and must lie in it. My mother used to hit me and I will never forget the look of helpless fear on her face the first time I hit back and she realized just how badly she had screwed up.
DebnDrew
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I also would have asked if she needed help. I take care of special needs kids and it could have been the child had a problem and mom was just worn out. I once saw a mom struggling to get her fighting autistic daughter into the car, the kid was having a melt-down. I asked the lady if I could help and she smiled tiredly and said "no, it's okay, she has autism and is over stimulated" I told her I understood and just to ask if she needed help. The kid was so distracted by a stranger talking to her mom that she stood up, looked at me and got into the car. In the end, sometimes it takes a bystander to calm that kid down if they think they can rule the roost with their own parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Smart...leave your kids unattended!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I don't know but I think I would have asked if she needed help. Even if it was just to get that look of helplessness off of her face. I would have got my kids in the car and then went to ask if she needs help.
MrsWhite101610
by Amanda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

lol yes that is a good idea!

Quoting JLo1486:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Thats so sad.. I wonder if the kid has behavioral issues. I wouldve asked her if she needed a hand after seeing her face.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
They were both hitting each other? I'm sure this is not a new behavior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured