Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Root beer pulled pork

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I'm about to make some :)

The roast is frozen though. Do I need to thaw if first or can I put it in the crock pot still frozen? I don't plan to eat it tonight, but for tomorrow's lunch/dinner.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
You can put in in frozen, just cook it on low for the whole time.
SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

If you put it strait into the crock pot frozen remember that it will add extra water/liquid to it. 

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
So good. Just cook it on low.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Have you made it wit the soda before? Usually when I make it I just cook the pork in water. I full the crock pot all the way up so the roast is fully covered. The recipe I'm usin just calls for one can of soda an it doesn't fully cover the roast. Will that matter?

Quoting Anonymous:

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I've never heard of making it that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i always use soda for my pulled pork.  i usually add another can to cover the meat.  ive used root beer, coke & orange sunkist.  all turned out fantastic!  

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you made it wit the soda before? Usually when I make it I just cook the pork in water. I full the crock pot all the way up so the roast is fully covered. The recipe I'm usin just calls for one can of soda an it doesn't fully cover the roast. Will that matter?

Quoting Anonymous:

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I figured it might. I drain it before I add BBQ sauce so that shouldn't be a problem.

Quoting SerenityBerry:

If you put it strait into the crock pot frozen remember that it will add extra water/liquid to it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Mmm orange. Lol. I've not heard if it made with that. Just root beer and dr pepper. I was going to use dr pepper and then use dr pepper BBQ sauce but our grocery store didn't have any.

Quoting Cheribomb:

i always use soda for my pulled pork.  i usually add another can to cover the meat.  ive used root beer, coke & orange sunkist.  all turned out fantastic!  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

bozobean
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Sounds delicious! Would soda work for pork ribs as well?

Quoting Cheribomb:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I'd just go ahead and follow the recipe as is, the fact that its frozen will cause extra liquid already.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)