Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you wear glasses or contacts

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How long have you been wearing them?

I wear glasses and i started back in 2005 when i was 23
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Replies (91-98):
JoshuasMommii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Contacts sense I was 12 so 12 years. I occasionally wear glasses to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addyangel
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Nope, it's not permanent for everyone, if anyone. My mom had it done probably about 7 years ago and needs to wear glasses again. It slowly worsened from only having to wear reading glasses while doing computer work or occasionally at night to having to wear them while reading to having to wear them all the time. I have a coworker who recently had it done and they told him he will probably have to have an adjustment done at some point down the road as well.

Quoting bluerose26:

I thought once you got LASIK it lasted forever?

Quoting addyangel:

I must have been 6 when I got glasses, I was in 1st grade, I'm 30 now. I got contacts in middle school, the hard ones, and I hated them. I was a freshman when my mom finally gave in and let me get soft contacts and I've been wearing them ever since. I would like lasik but it doesn't last forever and I'm not sure I want to go through it every 5 or 10 years or whatever.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

glasses since 1995

Pita369
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I have had glasses since I was 13ish.. Tried contacts around 19.. Couldn't do it.. Got contacts again bout 2 years ago... I'm now 30
CheyanneW
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
My Lasik lasted about 4 yrs. My mom's has lasted about 15 yrs so far. We went to the same place.

Quoting addyangel:

Nope, it's not permanent for everyone, if anyone. My mom had it done probably about 7 years ago and needs to wear glasses again. It slowly worsened from only having to wear reading glasses while doing computer work or occasionally at night to having to wear them while reading to having to wear them all the time. I have a coworker who recently had it done and they told him he will probably have to have an adjustment done at some point down the road as well.

Quoting bluerose26:

I thought once you got LASIK it lasted forever?

Quoting addyangel:

I must have been 6 when I got glasses, I was in 1st grade, I'm 30 now. I got contacts in middle school, the hard ones, and I hated them. I was a freshman when my mom finally gave in and let me get soft contacts and I've been wearing them ever since. I would like lasik but it doesn't last forever and I'm not sure I want to go through it every 5 or 10 years or whatever.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
like 91 when i was in 7th grade
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I started wearing glasses in 2007. I've had 3 different pairs in all. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I've been wearing both since before some of you were born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)