Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your kid's school do...

Posted by   + Show Post
The 100 day collections??

Ugh... I hate these things.

Last year we made a rainbow out of 100 dyed Lima beans.

I'm thinking about making 100 different size cupcakes this year and putting them together like the rainbow fish book and his class and all the faculty can have them (he would help obviously).

What do you do for the 100 day thing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (61-70):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

We did it in Kindergarten, that's it. My husband helped our daughter draw a tree on a piece of posterboard and color it. Then she and I put 10 beads on 10 pipe cleaners and poked the ends through the posterboard to look like caterpillars on branches.

CafeMom Tickers
Jemmy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
That's cool! Why can't I think of these things? Lol

Quoting brettsmomma:

He wanted to make snowflakes out of paper LOL We decided today that we are going to use 100 pasta noodles and make a snow flake mural :)

Quoting Jemmy:

Real snowflakes or snowflake cookies? Lol I'm having a slow moment!

Quoting brettsmomma:

Still deciding on what to make. i was thinking cookies LOL My son wants to make 100 snowflakes O.o

Jemmy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Aww!!!

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

We did it in Kindergarten, that's it. My husband helped our daughter draw a tree on a piece of posterboard and color it. Then she and I put 10 beads on 10 pipe cleaners and poked the ends through the posterboard to look like caterpillars on branches.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Nope, the school he is going to now doesn't.

WithHope
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
DD's class makes a trail mix from each student bringing in 100 of something. DH and I don't mind the assignment but would rather DD not each something 28 other kids touched at the height of flu season.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM

no. never heard of that before.

surromama
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM
They made projects at school, a paper hat with 100 things on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I enjoy the projects..

We made a 100 eyed monster Tshirt I found on pinterest.

DD originally wanted 100 stars on a hat but the stars she wanted was not sticking right.

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Our kids only do it in Kindergarten and 1st grade.  Not fifth!   That would be a bit over the top.  It's a cute idea for the little ones though.

Quoting Jemmy:

Doing it every year is not learning. I'm still not sure they will do it every year but I know when I went to school we did and I'm pretty sure by the time I reached 5th grade I was past the point of being able to count to 100, ya know?

Quoting Rbrown72707:

I don't think its stupid.  In my school, our kindergartners are celebrating their first 100 days of school!  Plus, it is a learning skill that they have to accomplish. THey can count to 100.  That's great!  Why not celebrate?  Our Kinders dressed up as little old people and got to bounce 100 balloons in the cafeteria.  It was so cute!  And they LOVE it!   Why not celebrate learning an make education fun!  Maybe you think its dumb, but its a great learning time for them.

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
We did 100 crayons. Another time 100 pennies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)