Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where I live an autistic boy was taken off the school bus and is being held hostage. Has anyone read up on it?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 43 Replies
The reason I ask is because the man is still holding the boy hostage in his closet sized bunker. Why don't the swat just storm it and shoot the guy? It's been like 3-4 days and the news said all the police can do is wait for him to come out with negotiations. My question is why can't they do more? What happens If he never comes out? I don't understand lol.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/31/us/alabama-child-hostage/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
How big is the bunker? If they barge in could the child be harm?
I think these are some of the questions they are asking themselves. If they can't be sure the child will not be harmed or killed with them charging in they will not do it
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Havent heard of it. They must have their reasoning for not doing it
mommy2annaliese
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM
The news says its tiny and the size of a closet. He's a kinder gardener with autism that needs medication every day. I can't imagine how scared he must feel :(

Quoting KelliansMom:

I think these are some of the questions they are asking themselves. If they can't be sure the child will not be harmed or killed with them charging in they will not do it

km1970
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I am sure with a closet sized bunker, the idea of going in and shooting the guy would put the child in danger of being shot himself.

mommy2annaliese
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I guess they think the man could kill the boy. He shot the bus driver to death to get the boy. So they know he has a gun. But what if he doesn't ever come out?

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Havent heard of it. They must have their reasoning for not doing it

slw123
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

It's been on the national news every night.  They can't do more because the man could hurt the child before they got to him.  I even thought 'why don't they spray some gas down the tube and make them fall asleep"  but my husband pointed out that he probably has a gas mask or if he realized something was coming down the tube, he could shoot the boy.

MrsImperfect
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Yes I heard about this on the news. So sad for that poor baby. I think hes only 6 too. Such a shame.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Yes I know he is scared but this is such a delicate job. They want him alive am safe sure but if it's the size if a closet they really can't go in guns a blazing. They can't risk his life taken by their hands. I'm sure they are working out what they can and can't do.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

The news says its tiny and the size of a closet. He's a kinder gardener with autism that needs medication every day. I can't imagine how scared he must feel :(

Quoting KelliansMom:

mommy2annaliese
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Yeah :( i just wonder what happens if the guy isn't gonna negotiate? They said he has enough supplies to last over a year.

Quoting km1970:

I am sure with a closet sized bunker, the idea of going in and shooting the guy would put the child in danger of being shot himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Yes, I've been following it and can't believe it's still going on :(

Hostage negotiators have to be very careful. One wrong move and everyone is dead. The guy is obviously crazy, but at least he let the boy's medication be lowered down. Prayers for everyone :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured