Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you want to spank your kid

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

As long as you aren't really hurting them, it isn't my business!

I have mixed feelings on spanking personally. On one hand I think there are definitley better ways to parent and to teach your child right from wrong! I also think hitting encourages hitting!

On the other hand, I was spanked when I was little, when my dad found it necessary and I did not turn into a violent person. I don't feel my Dad did anything wrong. My Dad only spanked me a handful of times though and never past age 7. I was a very well behaved kid.

Now, when it comes to what other parents do and everyone's OPINION, I think you should all just shut the hell up and mind your own business! ( meaning, go ahead and share how you feel but stop putting each other down over how they do or do not parent ) Unless you see/hear a child being TRULY HURT by their parents, let it go.

I am so tired of hearing though, about how if I don't spank, my child will be an unruly, entitled brat! Or that kids are bad nowadays because parents aren't allowed to spank anymore. That is utter bullshit. People still spank and worse to their kids and there are still plenty of bratty kids who do what they want and don't listen. I have a 2 and a half year old who I never spank and he is perfectly polite, although still learning to handle those big emotions! I don't need to hit/spank him to make him understand or behave. The only time I have ever spanked him was because I told him not to do something dangerous and he went to do it anyways and almost got himself seriously hurt! I was so scared and he didn't seem to understand the seriousness of the situation. Out of fear and anxiety, I yelled and smacked him on the butt. Not too hard but just hard enough apparently. Although I felt terrible for acting out of impulse, but my son has never done that dangerous thing again!

My point is that different things work for different people. I do not consider you a bad parent if you spank or if you don't. As long as you aren't really hurting your kid or spanking out of anger, you are alright by me.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhiannon92
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

BUMP!

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummm can you stop beating the dead horse and beat me instead?

I could use a really good spanking right about now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon92
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Ummm can you stop beating the dead horse and beat me instead?

I could use a really good spanking right about now.

Sure thing. Come over here, I'll give ya a spanking! ;p

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Know how often these posts are made? The debate will never end...pointless
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I spanked because thats how WE discipline in our family, knowing what I know now , I talk to my kids now, and I dont and havent spanked , I practice non violent parenting now
Rhiannon92
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I know. Quit beating the dead horse. lol. 

I don't care to debate it really. I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter. :)

Quoting PinkParadox:

Know how often these posts are made? The debate will never end...pointless

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

*backs out quietly*

Rhiannon92
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Lol, I thought my post was pretty "middle of the road".. which is why it probably won't attract much drama.. Although you never know with these ladies! They can turn anything into drama!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

*backs out quietly*

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM

LMAO. That's why I turned around and ran..
*Some* of the ladies here can reallllly blow a post out of proportion.

Quoting Rhiannon92:

Lol, I thought my post was pretty "middle of the road".. which is why it probably won't attract much drama.. Although you never know with these ladies! They can turn anything into drama!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

*backs out quietly*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
The whole point of spanking a kid is to hurt them. If it doesn't cause pain there's no deterrent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)