Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sd makes me want to pull out my hair!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I've been married to dh since my sd was 13, together since she was 10. She's always been disgusting, but I kept my mouth shut because she only came over on the weekends. My cleaning day was Fridays because that was the only day I had free. I would start cleaning as soon as dh would leave for work. Sd would come after school and by Saturday it would look as if I hadn't cleaned in weeks. Every dish would be in the sink, crumbs on the floor, hair in the tub, toothpaste on the counter....so I just changed my cleaning day to Monday. When dh and I married I asked her to be a jr. bridesmaid. Biggest mistake of my life! Everything had to be about her. She didn't like the dress I picked out because it made her hips look wide, could we change the date of the rehearsal because that was her bff birthday party. Once again I didn't make a big deal because I didn't want to be seen as an evil stepmom. Our honeymoon was on his week with her (it was a summer wedding) so we took her to New York City with us. I thought she would love it, I mean who doesn't love nyc? That was why I picked nyc, because it was something we could all do. More of a family vacation then a honeymoon. She hated it so much that we left a day early.
Ok, ff. I found out I was pregnant. I had had a mc a year before so I told dh that I didn't want to say anything to anyone until I was out of my first trimester. I guess not a good idea. Her attitude towards me went from indifference to pure hate. Now she's living with us, since September. God forbid dh shows our ds or myself any attention. She starts acting like a jealous suitor. We get a date night once every two months. I had to tell him to leave his cell phone in the car because she will call him over the dumbest things. When are y'all coming home? Can you pick up a magazine on the way?
She even asked him to tuck her in one night! Or if he and I are on the couch and his feet are in my lap, she gets an attitude. And god forbid we hug or kiss and she sees it.

I'm ready for a divorce. He doesn't see any of this. Or he thinks I'm just overreacting. I don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Wow, didn't realize how long this is. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
How old is she? can you get her into more activites or out with more friends?
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Sounds about right...she's a teenager who has been an only child for most of her life. Teenagers are messy, can be clingy, jealous,  call over the dumbest things and most (my oldest DD would, but she is weird) are not mature enough to appreciate NYC. Try having a teenage boy....they like to avoid showering for weeks.

Jentily
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

deep breaths lol 

Hve you tried maybe reconnecting with her? just a girls day you and her? it may take more than 1 you just need to be persistant. And since you rambled on about all the things you DONT like about her.. are there things you do LOVE about her?? 

Where is her Mom? it sounds like maybe she might have some issues going on inside her ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
She's 16 now. She doesn't do many activities. But she has friends over almost every weekend.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she? can you get her into more activites or out with more friends?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I tried doing a girls day. You have no idea how bad that turned out. Even dh felt bad for me afterwards.

As for what I like about her. Tbh, she's very pretty. Like model pretty. But she won't open up to me. I do know her favorite color is purple.

She is supposed to get weekend s with her mom now that she's living with us. But she won't go because in her words, her stepfather is an ass.

Quoting Jentily:

deep breaths lol 

Hve you tried maybe reconnecting with her? just a girls day you and her? it may take more than 1 you just need to be persistant. And since you rambled on about all the things you DONT like about her.. are there things you do LOVE about her?? 

Where is her Mom? it sounds like maybe she might have some issues going on inside her ...

Destiny907
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Probably going over into some complex there.. there has to be a Greek term for it.......Opedius or Electra complex!!!! Yes, it's a weird thing..........and not very healthy.   

the wise man needs to see this.  He is not being too wise.   She should be getting more and more involved out of the house right now,   She should be getting prepared for independence.  Dad should be gently "pushing" her in that direction.

good luck....

KaysMom06
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM

He needs to sit her down and put her in her place. That or you will have to. I would not be having that in my house, no i would not!

Jentily
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

don't give up on the girl days ... and they dont even have to be outings.. maybe just hanging out in her room with her. Maybe you can let her have a small party and you can meet her friends... 

Eventually she will open up to you but right now, she doesn't see you as a "friend" .. she  most likely can tell that you don't like her. 

Just remember, you are the adult 

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried doing a girls day. You have no idea how bad that turned out. Even dh felt bad for me afterwards.

As for what I like about her. Tbh, she's very pretty. Like model pretty. But she won't open up to me. I do know her favorite color is purple.

She is supposed to get weekend s with her mom now that she's living with us. But she won't go because in her words, her stepfather is an ass.

Quoting Jentily:

deep breaths lol 

moms rock

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
The girls day went so horrible I am still hurt by it, so I admit I don't see myself attempting another anytime soon. At least not until she apologizes.

Quoting Jentily:

don't give up on the girl days ... and they dont even have to be outings.. maybe just hanging out in her room with her. Maybe you can let her have a small party and you can meet her friends... 

Eventually she will open up to you but right now, she doesn't see you as a "friend" .. she  most likely can tell that you don't like her. 

Just remember, you are the adult 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jentily:

deep breaths lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN