Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yikes....Need some advice

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 1 Replies

My son, Nash, is 7. Over the last few days he's been acting up. Not listening when Chris or I give him direction, throwing a fit when we tell him no, and last night he had a tantrum when it was time to go to bed. I know he's a kid and they like to test their limits sometimes, but he seemed to kick it up a notch after our appointment with the midwife yesterday. I'm worried he starting to show signs of jealousy towards the new baby. We're taking him to a hockey game tonight and doing whatever he wants to do tomorrow. I'm hoping that will help. Any input or advice from the other moms in here?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tiredmom29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I had that issue with my first son when i was pregnant with my second and then it went down the line haha. We did speacil things with him to and included him in helping with a name and when we shopped for the baby we let him pick out stuff and help decorate. That made him so excited he forgot to be jealous. When the baby came we let him be the big brother help with playing and holding and a bottle. We also picked out a gift from the baby to give him when he came home. We still did things with him once a month where we had my mom watch the baby and it was my oldest sons day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)