Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you pay for child care for a 4 year old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Since we are getting our second vehicle on the road with our tax refund I am considering going back to work. I am wondering if it will be worth it though. How much does child care for one 4 year old child cost? My child will be 4 in March. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

It just depends what kind of care you need. Do you want a half day preschool or do you need a full day daycare? Full day daycare for a 4 year old is $200-ish in my area and half-day 3x a week preschool can be as low as $300 a month.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I pay $20 a day for my 3 year old and he goes 3x a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

If I can land a full time job, then full time. My mom says she could watch him for $50 a week but she has a lot of medical issues and has a lot of doctors appointments. Plus I want him to be getting ready for kindergarten and I really don't think she would spend any time working towards that goal. She would literally just be "watching" him. 

Quoting illinoismommy83:

It just depends what kind of care you need. Do you want a half day preschool or do you need a full day daycare? Full day daycare for a 4 year old is $200-ish in my area and half-day 3x a week preschool can be as low as $300 a month.

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I pay $162 a week
VannaMae307
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Mine will be 4 on March 7th! We pay $100 for a 25 hour week, on post.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

$55 a week. I get a half off discount though because he's in my class, the booger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Full day at my kids' preschool was $17K a year last time I checked, it must be about $18K by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

aw! I would enjoy that! I started school for child development but didn't finish. I would love to work in a child care facility. It would be a double bonus if my booger were in my class! :) 

Quoting Ultra_:

$55 a week. I get a half off discount though because he's in my class, the booger.

southernbelletx
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Mine goes to private pre k, with lunch is about 850, not including his field trips
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

That's a lot! :(  That would be more than I could make. I would be making minimum wage probably or not much more. I have a GED with 1 year of community college and I haven't worked a long term job in almost 8 years. I did wait tables for a few months about 4 years ago when my husband lost his job but nothing steady since 2005.

Quoting southernbelletx:

Mine goes to private pre k, with lunch is about 850, not including his field trips

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)