Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So tired of it all :/

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm so tired of all the drama between my family and his . My s/o nephew is always hitting and picking on my son it's a everyday thing . Well last weekend he slapped my son in the face because my son kept talking . Well my s/o family was all there they all told him not to be slapping a kid that's younger than him . Well his mother made it seem like it was fine that her kid is hitting and picking on my son she just laughs so of course her kid thinks its ok. Well after that I was mad so we left . So my son goes to my parents house which my brothers and sister still live he tells them that blank keeps hitting him and he's scared of him . So of course they are going to be pissed well I started getting texts from my sister telling me to tell my s/o to start sticking up for his son . I was like wtf are you talking about he did stick up for his son he's always yelling at his nephew for the shit he does to our son . But there is just so much he can do its up to his sister to discipline her son which she doesn't . Well anyways since that night that he slapped my son I have told him he needs to just stay away from him and he has . So I told my sister we took care of it she needs to calm down but she started sending texts to my s/o telling him he's not a good dad and all kinds of other stuff . I'm just so tired of them always fighting I wish this shit would just stop :( . My s/o does take care of his son I wish they would see he is a good dad he can't control what his sister's son does . ( This probably doesn't make much sense I just needed to let it out sorry )!!! BTW - My s/o nephew is 12 and my son his 7
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess my family works differently than yours.  If you SIL didn't want to discipline her child, someone else would.  That kind of behavior would NOT be tolerated - in either my, or my husband's, family.

momsbabies
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Your sister needs to mind her own business.  I wouldn't tell her anything anymore if she can't be supportive.  You were just venting to her, geez.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have taken the 12 yo's hand and given him a good swat. On it to teach him it's not nice to hit and sucks getting hit. And yes I have done it with MY nephews and nieces. My inlaws and my family knows I do not tolerate any violence to my kids or anyone in my house or when I'm around. And they respect that.
tabitha26
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I guess my family works differently than yours.  If you SIL didn't want to discipline her child, someone else would.  That kind of behavior would NOT be tolerated - in either my, or my husband's, family.

They try to discipline her kids but she's always telling them they don't have to listen to anyone . So yeah that's why this kid is always doing what he wants hurting who he wants .
tabitha26
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Quoting momsbabies:

Your sister needs to mind her own business.  I wouldn't tell her anything anymore if she can't be supportive.  You were just venting to her, geez.  

I understand why she's mad but she didn't need to take where she did . I'm really done talking to her about anything .
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Quoting tabitha26:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

They try to discipline her kids but she's always telling them they don't have to listen to anyone . So yeah that's why this kid is always doing what he wants hurting who he wants .

I would stop hanging out with them, period.  My kids come before anyone. else.  If they are not safe in a certain environment, we don't go to that environment.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quoting tabitha26:

Quoting momsbabies:

I understand why she's mad but she didn't need to take where she did . I'm really done talking to her about anything .

So, you're done talking to the person that cares about your child, and is confused as to why he keeps getting hurt, but you are okay with hanging out with the person that allows your child to get hurt (your SIL)?  I don't understand your logic.

tabitha26
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I don't hang out with her at all I can't stand her , I never said I was done with my sister I love her I would never do that . I'm just done telling her what's going on "here" because she's always taking it to far . I get why she's pissed but she didn't have to go texting my s/o telling him he's a bad father .
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting tabitha26:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I don't hang out with her at all I can't stand her , I never said I was done with my sister I love her I would never do that . I'm just done telling her what's going on "here" because she's always taking it to far . I get why she's pissed but she didn't have to go texting my s/o telling him he's a bad father .

While she went about it the wrong way, I can see why she thinks that.  Your son has been hurt - on more than one occasion.  And yet you continually put him in the situation that causes the hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)