Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

12 weeks until my due date/ NOTHING is prepared. HELP ME????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I'm due with my first baby in 12 weeks. Me and my df decided to wait to buy everything until after the baby shower which will be next month. All we have now are a bunchhhh of clothes, blankets, bibs, toys and stuff like that. Other than that nothing has been preparered :(

How much do you think everything will cost us not including the crib and crip bedding??? (It's tradition in my family my mother buys the crib stuff) 

Also, what should I do to prepare these next 12 weeks? Pediatrician? Bf classes? Birth plan? Things around the house?

I'm CLUELESS and have nobody to turn to. Thank you for the advice, I'll take all I can get. I'm so overwhelmed I'm in tears. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

BUMP? NEED SOME HELP HERE.... I KNOW THIS ISNT A DRAMA POST SO WILL ANYONE REPLY?

brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We waited until after the shower too. 12 weeks is still plenty of time. did you make a registry? add up everything on it--that's how much it will cost. Then, the day after the shower, take back the crap you got that you dont want and buy all the things you do need in one big shopping trip. Problem solved with 8 or so weeks to go.

And remember--newborns need very little. a going home outfit, diapers, wipes, carseat, bed of some sort.... if you get other things after baby comes along, that's fine.

Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
How much it costs will depend on what you get at the shower.

I would take a birthing class and a bf class wouldn't hurt, especially if you are the first in your group to bf. When you get closer, I would prepare meals that can go in the freezer and be reheated or things that can all go in a crockpot together for when you come home. I would also pack your hospital bag and buy and/or install a carseat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I understand not buying anything until after the shower...but why would you not have already taken classes? You probably won't be able to get into a class before your child arrives. Call the hospital that you're delivering t and see what classes they offer and if you can get in before your edd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Thank you! Yes I have made a registry, I'm just looking for estimates of what people spent in their big shopping trips. I'm guessing around 1,000??

Quoting brittany208:

We waited until after the shower too. 12 weeks is still plenty of time. did you make a registry? add up everything on it--that's how much it will cost. Then, the day after the shower, take back the crap you got that you dont want and buy all the things you do need in one big shopping trip. Problem solved with 8 or so weeks to go.

And remember--newborns need very little. a going home outfit, diapers, wipes, carseat, bed of some sort.... if you get other things after baby comes along, that's fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Because I didn't know when to do them? A girl I used to work with is 35 weeks and JUST took her breast feeding class so I thought I had time... Like I said... clueless :O

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand not buying anything until after the shower...but why would you not have already taken classes? You probably won't be able to get into a class before your child arrives. Call the hospital that you're delivering t and see what classes they offer and if you can get in before your edd.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Our crib and mattress cost us about 600... The bedding was 80. I just had our son in Oct... You don't need to buy a bedding set. Just buy crib sets.

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
You should already be looking at peds for the baby. Do you know what you are having? Paint the room and have it ready for when you get the crib, dresser, and changing table.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Call your local hospital and get info on breastfeeding classes or talk to a lactation councillor. Ask friends for recommendations on pedis because I believe your not allowed to leave with the baby unless you have something set up. I have no idea about a birth plan personally I find them a waste and women write them up to hear themselves talk. As long as you and your doc are on the same page your fine. Buy some clothes and some diapers they grow very quickly. Buy recieving blankets, onsies, baby wash, a tub with a towle or 2, a vibrations seat or a swing, nursing pads. Bring comfy clothes for the hospital. No crib bedding either just the fitted sheets and make sure the baby is swaddled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The crockpot is a great idea! Thank you! What should I put in the hospital bag?? 

Quoting Eliots_momma:

How much it costs will depend on what you get at the shower.

I would take a birthing class and a bf class wouldn't hurt, especially if you are the first in your group to bf. When you get closer, I would prepare meals that can go in the freezer and be reheated or things that can all go in a crockpot together for when you come home. I would also pack your hospital bag and buy and/or install a carseat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)